MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Robert Drysdale denied UFC 167 license due to elevated T/E ratio

View Single Post

Old 11-01-2013, 01:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
John8204
Ultra-weight

John8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by oordeel View Post
It's a rhetorical question, but why do all these top athletes and alpha males suffer from hypogonadism? I wonder if they feel they have to do it in order to keep up with the competition, considering how many fighters have stated the majority is on something.
Hypogonadism can be caused by inflammatory diseases in particular STAPH infections. Staph is very common in contact sports like Football, wrestling, MMA. Drysdale pulled out of his fight in August with a Staph infection. The commission didn't rule on Drysdale's case, by the surprise test it makes me wonder if the commission chose to jam Drysdale up on this rather than make a ruling.

Seeing what Staph does to a person I do not believe limiting their medical treatment by removing steroids is right.

I dare any of you to go through this page, and not change a hard-lined position against "PED's".

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?id=2...t&view=article

John8204 is offline   Reply With Quote