MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Johny Hendricks sustains 2nd degree burns during filming of UFC 167 promo

View Single Post

Old 11-04-2013, 03:50 PM   #45 (permalink)
NoYards
Flyweight

NoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to beholdNoYards is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
You guys need to be careful with all this MMAth you got going on. This guy did this to that guy who did this to that guy doesn't always add up in MMA.
Hendricks is strong, he has a great wrestling background and knockout power. He also knows what GSP brings to the table and I'm sure he is training specifically for GSP's style.
He is being overlooked, GSP is a very smart fighter but he hasn't looked super human lately. I think he is overrated by fans, the gap between him and others isn't nearly as wide as most people make it seem.
A year layoff and he dominates Condit and Diaz? Okay, maybe not 'superhuman', but hardly anything you can point to and say "GSP is done".

As for Johnny's weapons (other than his one punch KO power,) strength and wrestling .. GSP is stronger, and has proven many times that counting on your college wrestling background against his UFC wrestling, is the worst 'MMA Math' mistake one can make.

Besides, other than what everyone already agrees to, that Hendricks has a 'punchers chance', what other advantage does Johnny have that wouldn't be a product of 'MMA Math'?

Hendricks will be dominated from start to finish. Which doesn't mean he can't land a lucky one and finish the fight, but it's not going to be a decision going to Hendricks, and it's not going to be Johnny picking apart GSP on his feet, or ground and pounding out a win from the guard .. if Johnny is going to win i twill be by either a quick early first round KO, or a lucky punch after being dominated for several rounds.
NoYards is offline   Reply With Quote