Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Most memorable announcer fighter interview on camera

3K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  canpaddle 
#1 ·
:cheeky4: One of the most best interviews that will always be one my favorites was Joe Rogan and Tank Abbot. Joe was talking to Tank about his upcoming return to the ring when Joe asks a queation:
"Tank who in the UFC would you like to fight now?
"Well right now you"
The crowd goes wild.
canpaddle

#4 ·
:cheeky4: Well the second best one was again involving the Tank.
It was just after his suspension for fighting outside of the ring. He was being interviewed with Jeff Blatnick when Jeff asked Tank what his plans would be when he returned to the ring in two months.
Tank's response was "Jeff, put it to you this way. You watch the discovery channel, you see a lion tearing apart a little gazzelle, well, that's what it's going to be like!!!"

#5 ·
canpaddle said:
:cheeky4: Well the second best one was again involving the Tank.
It was just after his suspension for fighting outside of the ring. He was being interviewed with Jeff Blatnick when Jeff asked Tank what his plans would be when he returned to the ring in two months.
Tank's response was "Jeff, put it to you this way. You watch the discovery channel, you see a lion tearing apart a little gazzelle, well, that's what it's going to be like!!!"
lol that is an awsome interview. And of cours thue but the only resons he has so many loses is cuz he houghs k.o. punches and dusnt always hit. but dam when he lands one it definatly leaves a mark.......for life.:thumbsup: :D

#8 ·
Bebop said:
Wow, haha. What was Joe's reaction? I would've loved to have seen that. Other than that, Dieago gives the worst interviews, seems like a dummmy.
Yeah diego is just like. "i would like to thank god, and thank you jesus." lol religous freak

#9 ·
moldy said:
the best was chuck. He got low blowed im think in the overeem fight. And they asked how he recovered so quick. Chuck said "well it caught mostly **** didn't get much balls" LOL.
hahahaah, do u got a link to that interview..ive seen the fight many times but never the post fight interview

#10 ·
jdun11 said:
hahahaah, do u got a link to that interview..ive seen the fight many times but never the post fight interview
:cheeky4:
:cheeky4: Absolutrely right . That was a good one.
How about when Sylva (AX Murder) was in the cage calling Chuck out to fight. If you listen real close as Chuck is making his way into the ring Sylvia says " I want to F++K Chuck no I want to fight Chuck.
Anyone else hear that?? :cheeky4:
canpaddle

#14 ·
TheJame said:
I always loved it when Tank would call Don "The Dragon" Wilson "The Dragonfly".
:cheeky4: Yeah right and he called Severn some name also once but I cant recall what it was.

:cheeky4: How about when Tank was announcer and he said something like "Im not fighting for the cash. So where is the Dragonfly?? Hes prabaly up doing voice makeovers for Gadzilla movies at three in the morning.":cheeky4:

#18 ·
Evil said:
:cheeky4: Because of you canpaddle, you always use them in your posts so we figured well start with it to :cheeky4:
:cheeky4:
Hey thanks a bunch. And on the lighter side:

How about when Tank called Don Fry a "Magnum P.I. look a like. "
Tank also said about Hugo D. "is he the guy on the coffee can?"
Its easy to admit that in Tanks day he was really tough and not in the best of shape. But who else from that time in the first fight go 18 min. with "The Russian Bear" Olek T. ?
Knock Don Fry down twice with a Jab.
Knock an oppoent out with a right to the ear while in the clinch and on the fence?
Almost becomes the first person to throw an opponent out of the ring over the top twice...
Go for 8.5 min with Pedero?
And yet when Jeff Blatnick ask Tank a question during the TK /Kimo fight "Are you rooting for Kimo? "
Tank "no Im rooting for a good fight."
When You think back on these fights and listen and rememer those interviews wow what an honor and to be proud of being an MMA fan since Royce. I think in many ways alot of fans bought tickets because of Tank. When he fought there was always the possible KO.
I remember when Colman had Don Frye up in the air and on the fence. Coleman caught Frye at least 5 solid shots to the face and head. Each shot the crowd went boom booom Booooom LOUDER AND LOUDER. And the announcers. They made that moment special.
Well off I go now till later.
Its you the fans that keeps on posting.
canpaddle :cheeky4:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.