Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Cody Donovan VS

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Robert Drysdale

Votes: 4 44.4%

***OFFICIAL*** UFC 167 Prelims Thread

2K views 71 replies 19 participants last post by  AmdM 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Preliminary card - FOX Sports 1 (Facebook for international viewers)
Donald Cerrone vs. Evan Dunham
Ed Herman vs. Thales Leites
Brian Ebersole vs. Rick Story
Edwin Figueroa vs. Erik Perez

Preliminary card - Facebook
Jason High vs. Anthony Lapsley
Will Campuzano vs. Sergio Pettis
Cody Donovan vs. Robert Drysdale

See less See more
#3 ·
My confident picks for the prelims are Villante, High, Perez and Story.

I think Pettis-Campuzano will be a lot closer than people think, though I think Pettis will squeak it with split decision.

Leites-Herman is another I think could be a split decision, but i'll go with Leites to be the more aggressive grappler. I have a bad feeling this will be a fight spent largely against the fence.

And i'm quite high on both Cerrone and Dunham, though I think Cerrone's better sand up wil lcome through in the end.

#7 ·
Yeah, and if I saw correctly they were bleeding as he came out for the 2nd .. I think he got poked at the end of the first, but didn't see any blood until after he came out .. strange ... maybe zombieitist is a real thing?

#9 ·
Pettis looks wierd, almost like a character in a video game .. he looks 'rendered' .. almost realistic, but not quite, I can tell they're just giving us a feed from the 'UFC 2014'youtube channel.

#13 ·
I scored it 29-28 Pettis, but take downs can win rounds (even though Will did nothing with them usually), so we will see.

EDIT: good decision, I'm glad they didn't score Campuzano's early take downs so highly. I only gave him the third round.

Good test and win for Pettis.

#16 ·
Wow, I though he might have pulled it out of the fire with that last take down, but 2 30-27's? I think the judges were told before hand that "this is one of our future stars .. don't fucc it up."

#17 ·
Scored the first two for Pettis, but I gave Will the third. I agree with Pettis winning so I'm not complaining.

Pettis has some holes, but he is only 20 so it is to be expected.

#18 ·
High was certainly egar to get in the ring, wasn't going to wait for Kate to do the prefight check, then tried to leave twice while she was doing it.

#28 ·
Is the Rick Story fight next super pumped to see how Spending time in the gym with guys like GSP and Rory while they are all in camp will translate to his game

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

#29 ·
Yep! Looking forward to it too, the next three fights are on my 5 fight accumulator. Story, Short Fuse and Cerrone.

#31 ·
There was a story floating around on the net a while back. Can't remember what it was but Story did not come off well. He replied to comments on it too, if I remember.

#32 ·
I'm not going to lie, I would be shocked if Brian was able to get the better of Story early. The only way I see Rick losing this is if he gasses again. He was dominating Pyle up until fatigue got the better of him. He just needs to pace himself. Hopefully his recent training has helped him. I can't imagine why it wouldn't.

Funny to think that he has a win over Hendricks in the UFC. We know what Rick can be capable of in the octagon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.