MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - KIMBO and his first MMA fight.

View Single Post

Old 06-25-2007, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Oh, he beat a 46 year old former professional boxer with a submission. Big deal.

I will give props to Kimbo for fighting smart and closing the distance, but if he had been fighting a top fighter, especially a heavy-handed top heavyweight, he would have taken a nap in about the first 6 seconds.

Kimbo is, apparently, learning a little bit from Bas, but by the look of the guillotine he has a long way to go. Mildly impressive, but definitely not UFC caliber, even at a low level.

I hope that Kimbo doesn't go to a new level, flapping his lips at top guys. He should just stick around and see how he does against some more experienced opponents.

I'd love to see him fight a guy like Travis Fulton, who has alot of experience and has fought a lot of really good competition, but I think that Travis would probably destroy him.

I don't know. I think Mercer looked terrible, and so it's hard for me to say that I think Kimbo really deserves a whole lot of credit for this win. He won, no doubt, but it wasn't like watching Lesnar come out and just decimate.

Kimbo had a lot of problems with his form and, frankly, I expected his wrestling to be more impressive, being Rhadi Ferguson's brother and all. But whatever, we'll see where he goes from here.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote