MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What game(s) are you playing?

View Single Post

Old 11-26-2013, 03:55 AM   #4053 (permalink)
osmium
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful

osmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Played a lot of Forza 5, awesome race sim. The rumble triggers in the Xbox One's controller is pretty amazing, can't wait to see what they do with it in the future.

I also played The Elder Scrolls Online beta. I played for about 5-6 hours total (I only had it for 2 days and didn't want to get invested too much), but I can honestly say that as an Elder Scrolls fan and someone who has sworn off MMO games, I would not feel bad at all paying $15 a month to play that. Things I took away from the game:

1. First person combat feels a lot like the single player games (some tweaks in it though). Left click attacks with your weapon to attack, right click blocks, click both to interrupt someone. The stealth works exactly like it does in Skyrim (crouch for extra damage bonus), you block/counter with sword and shield, etc. Just in general it felt a lot like an Elder Scrolls game and I came away impressed.

2. The compass at the top is exactly like Skyrim's and makes finding quests/dungeons/locations far more adventurous than in any other MMO I've played. I never looked for NPCs to get a quest from, I just explored and found them just like I did in Skyrim.

3. Everything is voice acted, all the quests NPCs anyways, and the voice acting is hit or miss, but so is the voice acting in every TES game so that's not shocking. The voice acting is also not static or there just to be there, it very much feels like a single player game where voice acting is standard.

4. The lore/world is... amazing, to be quite honest. As a TES fan, I got all tingly when the deadra were mentioned, when the first quest is to escape a prison from Molag Bal, when people were talking about Tamriel and you had all the TES races running around. It felt like a TES game.

I don't want to get much more into it just cause I don't want an overly long post, but it's safe to say that after playing it for a few hours it really does feel like an online TES game with some tweaks that turn it into an MMO. I'll be buying this day one most likely, even with the monthly price tag.
It is just Skyrim with less flexibility in developing your character and a bunch of people you don't really interact with running around doing the same thing as you.
osmium is offline   Reply With Quote