MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - TUF Tate vs Rousey LiVE discussion

View Single Post

Old 12-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #246 (permalink)
HexRei
I Finish Threads

HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trix View Post
I read somewhere sugar raises insulin levels making it difficult to expel salt.

It could be a vicious cycle where salt makes it difficult to expel water. Sugar makes it difficult to expel salt. Alcohol also makes cutting weight difficult.

Both salt and sugar are crystalline and dilute in the bloodstream. I would think a person's body would require more water to dilute both sugar and salt and to maintain the same degree of hydration.

Can't say I know exactly how metabolism and other things function.

It's not a vicious cycle. It's exactly how I stated it. The sugar provides raw energy, small amounts are fine because they are preferentially burned. The salt is electrolytic but needs to be balanced in terms of charge, which means more water retention.