MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Ranking Past Champions: HWs

View Single Post

Old 12-10-2013, 08:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
John8204
Ultra-weight

John8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRifle View Post
At 3 times HW champ over a long time span surely Randy has to be number 1 as the most successful HW of all time. Coming out of retirement to beat Sylvia, being a relatively small HW and fighting much bigger guys sets him apart.

Comparing skill level with todays fighters is pretty much impossible with the evolution of skills, but I dont think Randy has a peer on that list to his achievements. The only one who has a hope to do it is Cain.
Eh.....yeah he was a three time HW champion but I would rank him higher at LHW and p4p than at HW.

Big HW Wins
Gonzaga
Slyvia
Rizzo
Kohsaka
Randleman
Smith
Belfort
and the the HW loses
Rodriquez
Noguiera
Barnett
little Overeem
Inoue
Ilyukhin

He was basically a .500 "champion" at HW but at LHW he lost to Machida, Liddell, and Belfort that's a hell of a lot more impressive in my eyes.

For me I have Fedor at #1 just because of who he defeated. Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira and Mark Coleman likely "acheived" more winning titles in both company's

John8204 is offline   Reply With Quote