MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Ranking Past Champions: HWs

View Single Post

Old 12-11-2013, 05:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
DonRifle
Featherweight

DonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level nowDonRifle is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
Eh.....yeah he was a three time HW champion but I would rank him higher at LHW and p4p than at HW.

Big HW Wins
Gonzaga
Slyvia
Rizzo
Kohsaka
Randleman
Smith
Belfort
and the the HW loses
Rodriquez
Noguiera
Barnett
little Overeem
Inoue
Ilyukhin

He was basically a .500 "champion" at HW but at LHW he lost to Machida, Liddell, and Belfort that's a hell of a lot more impressive in my eyes.

For me I have Fedor at #1 just because of who he defeated. Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira and Mark Coleman likely "acheived" more winning titles in both company's
Perhaps your right on coutures HW career, but when you look at the names he beat its easy to take it out of context. Those guys he beat were the best HW's in the world at the time and feared by a lot of people but Randy totally destroyed them aside from Rizzo. He was the sacrificial lamb against against a highly roided Vitor who had destroyed Wandy, and he took Vitor to the cleaners. I guess the Rico and Barnett losses stain his HW record a bit inside the UFC
DonRifle is offline   Reply With Quote