MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC Wants Fabricio Werdum to Face Travis Browne or Josh Barnett

View Single Post

Old 12-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
John8204
Ultra-weight

John8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
I don't see the need for an interim belt. If all goes well it might be defended once until Cain comes back. That helps nobody. The guy holding it will be a paper champ holding a paper belt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
By the time Fabricio fights either man, Cain will only be 6 months removed from returning. Not really much point in having an interim title.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
This is the problem by the time they fight at the end of the month recover go through camp again I am sure we wouldn't see a fight come before End of may early June which puts Cain 2-5 months from a return making it kinda pointless as it would just serve to likely further delay his return.

Just noticed the source is bleacher report which is more opinion than fact based 99% of the time.
1.) You don't know that he will make it through a training camp healthy, he's had three major injuries in three years.

2.) You can do what they did with Couture/Lesnar/Nog/Mir where you use TUF as an excuse to hold off an immediate unification match. If Cain ends up taking a year off after every fight or every other fight two belts makes sense.

3.) If Jones is moving up so you go from holding up the HW division for a year and then the LHW division for 6-8 months seems bad for business.

John8204 is offline   Reply With Quote