MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC Wants Fabricio Werdum to Face Travis Browne or Josh Barnett

View Single Post

Old 12-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
GDPofDRB
Featherweight

GDPofDRB Is Destined For GreatnessGDPofDRB Is Destined For GreatnessGDPofDRB Is Destined For GreatnessGDPofDRB Is Destined For GreatnessGDPofDRB Is Destined For GreatnessGDPofDRB Is Destined For GreatnessGDPofDRB Is Destined For GreatnessGDPofDRB Is Destined For GreatnessGDPofDRB Is Destined For GreatnessGDPofDRB Is Destined For GreatnessGDPofDRB Is Destined For Greatness
With Cain being out, Browne/Barnett winner vs Werdum makes enough sense, though (tinfoil hat time) there are factors which make me think the UFC will not put out a interim belt, and because there are fans who think interim titles are dumb won't be one of the reasons even if it was one day potentially claimed otherwise. I don't think UFC wants Barnett to have anything to do with possibly winning any type of UFC gold for obvious reasons regarding his past. I think, to a much much lesser degree, they'd like to not have Werdum possibly be champ either, seems like something petty enough for White to do, to not have a guy they made a decision to cut after one loss further prove the error of their previous transaction with him by him winning gold. Now if either was facing Cain, I think it's a different story all together. Cain would be a big favorite and they'd be happy with him defeating either of those two while at the same time the shock of an upset over Cain by those two would be economically beneficial in the short term also.