MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Hendricks vs Lawler for the vacated WW title

View Single Post

Old 12-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #61 (permalink)
MMA-Sportsman
Heavyweight

MMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By AllMMA-Sportsman Is Beloved By All

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabakill View Post
I don't see any way for Lawler to win
Watch what one legged Lawler could acccomplish against a much more skilled striker and you may have a clue about a possible way to his victory. This is MMA, don't forget.

Quote:
To hit someone hard enough to KO them you have to hit them at the perfect distance which has a room for error of an inch or two.
What is the meaning of this statement, anyway? Of course it is a hard task, yet we are blessed with some memorable KO moments in MMA. Hey, UFC even pay extra money for those moments. Wanna explain how hard is to someone to lock the perfect armbar also?

Quote:
Watching the fight with Rory left me completely unimpressed with his entire skillset, just don't see a guy getting an unimpressive decision against a mid-level fighter in Rory beating someone who dominated the former champ unlike anyone ever and came out unscathed.
Rory is a mid level fighter at this moment? Ok...

Quote:
that's tough, because if you completely based the ranking on his last fight I wouldn't put Rory in the top 10.
According to your logic, Anderson Silva and JDS shouldn't be in the top 10, then. It shows how much you understand about ranking a fighter.

Quote:
That big punch is not nearly as dangerous as you think when it's the only thing to worry about because getting out of the way of it is not that hard, all Hendricks has to do is not stand flatfooted with his hands low and he'll dodge them all easily.
Really? So explain how Hendricks himself tags people to canvas if it's so easy to avoid a big punch? Or how pro fighters got punched unconscious by the sorts of Roy Nelson, or Pat Barry, or a mile away Hendo?
Maybe you can pay a visit to those gyms and explain those combatants how easy it is to avoid punches to the face. Maybe they can pay you money for this priceless info.

Quote:
This forum is getting on my nerves, I stated multiple times it was just an opinion yet I'm not only singled out but chastised for doing so. I honestly think Lawler has no chance, like that's never happened in a fight prediction before, I'm starting to get a little sick of this forums community.
You could emulate GSP and call for your own press conference and announce what you are planning to do about that...we are anxious.