MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Currently Reading?

View Single Post

Old 01-01-2014, 12:33 PM   #622 (permalink)
K R Y

K R Y Is UntouchableK R Y Is UntouchableK R Y Is UntouchableK R Y Is UntouchableK R Y Is UntouchableK R Y Is UntouchableK R Y Is UntouchableK R Y Is UntouchableK R Y Is UntouchableK R Y Is UntouchableK R Y Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
I'm about half way through Game of Thrones, going to put it up for a while. It's just too dry of a read for me, the pages move so slowly and at the end of every chapter I feel relieved rather than motivated to read the next one. It could also be that I was sick trying to read it as well, so my interest just wasn't there and after my illness has faded I'm just feeling meh about it. Will try it again at a later date but I'm moving on for now.

Started the Percy Jackson series, pretty good. I find a lot of similarities with Harry Potter that could potentially get annoying, but for some reason it didn't bother me that much. The books are pretty small so they are going fast (almost done with the second one), I should be done with all 5 by the end of the week or close to it.

After that I'm going to start The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.
Fair enough. ASOIAF isn't for everyone! I couldn't put any of the books except Feast For Crows down (if GoT is giving you troubles then FFC will destroy you hahaha).

Percy Jackson series was fun. I enjoyed them. Very childish, more so than the Potter franchise. I absolutely loved and still do love the Potter books. I grew up with them though and was the 'right' age when I started reading them. Go back and re read them quite often.

Name of the Wind is FANTASTIC. Really. I adore the first two books in the series (with Wise Man's Fear being even better imo) and cannot wait for the third.

After that, if you haven't already, try out the Demon Cycle by Peter V. Brett. First book called The Painted Man (I think it's The Warded Man in the USA but not 100%). A very unique and amazing fantasy series.

I am currently re-reading The Hobbit, and going to take another crack at The Silmarillion after. It's defeated me a few times, SUCH a tough read but I really want to know more about Tolkien's world.

After that, who knows. I got a Kindle paperwhite for Christmas so will load it up with a shit **** load of Fantasy books and just get lost in nerdiness.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline   Reply With Quote