MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What game(s) are you playing?

View Single Post

Old 01-03-2014, 04:46 PM   #4231 (permalink)
GDPofDRB
Welterweight

GDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings SystemGDPofDRB Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Cue for what?

BF 1942 which came out over 10 years ago is a team based shooter where the main mode is conquest, where you capture control points to reduce the enemy team's reinforcements. It has open world style maps with vehicles. BF4 came out a month ago, is a team based shooter where the main mode is conquest, where you capture control points to reduce enemy reinforcements. It has open world style maps with vehicles.

What exactly is funny? That BF4 is exactly the same game that came out over 10 years ago yet people still bought it (including myself)? That actually is pretty amusing, in a sad way.

The game isn't bad, for what it is it's good, it's just very old and nothing more than a rehashed 1942 from 10+ years ago, the same thing CoD is, these games are just the same game released over and over again. Neither game is superior to the other, one game is an arena shooter, one game is more open and team based - both games series are old as dirt and play like they did many years ago, thus bore me quickly. It is what it is.
You basically just described the competitive FPS genre in general whilst adding the factors that distinguish the BF series apart from many others. Which is funny when you try to say it's basically th exact same game, a rehash, 10 years removed. So would you say Madden 25 is just a rehashed version of Madden NFL '94? They play gridiron football in stadiums where the surface is green. Just another exact rehash right?