MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - He Walked Away?

Thread: He Walked Away?
View Single Post

Old 09-17-2006, 11:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bonnar426
The American Psycho

Bonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He CrossesBonnar426 Is Respected By All He Crosses
He Walked Away?

I was on the UFC 63 website watching the in-depth look into the Hughes vs. Penn fight and in an interview Dana White said something that I thought was really strange. In fact I have been hearing it on the television previews as well. Dana White said that after BJ Penn won the welterweight title he walked away from it. From what I understand, he was stripped of that title because of contract disputes. He fought like hell to stop the UFC from awarding the title to somebody else by taking them to court. Is this walking away crap some sort of lame advertising thing cooked up by Dana White or am I missing part of the story? Your thoughts!

Link to the preview
UFC 63: Hughes vs Penn - Official Site
Bonnar426 is offline   Reply With Quote