MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Alistair Overeem salvages career, leaves Frank Mir’s future in doubt at UFC 169

View Single Post

Old 02-04-2014, 08:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
The Reem responds to Dana's comments...

Quote:
"In my mind I was actually just focused on not walking into the trap that happened with Travis, where you just punch yourself out and then suddenly you end up in a leglock or an armbar, because that's what Mir is known about,' Overeem said. "He's got this dangerous submission game, he can take a beating, and he's also known for faking a little but, wobbling once you start getting into it, you're in a submission. That was my main focus."

"Dana is a very upfront character, I like that about him, because I like to know where I'm at," Overeem said. "And he's entitled to his opinion, as we all are. I think it was a very technical performance, it is what it is. I can't make more of it now. I can understand him, he's the promoter, he wants to have exciting fights. Ratings matter, fans matter, fans want exciting fight. I hope he also understands my opinion, the ‘loser leaves town match.' Since the Travis fight, [I heard] a lot of things about my cardio. In life sometimes you always don't get what you want."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/2/3/...e-mir-mma-news

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote