MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The UFC is developing fighter uniforms

View Single Post

Old 02-19-2014, 04:04 PM   #36 (permalink)
OU
Ultra-weight

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDPofDRB View Post
Nike announced they are filing an infringement lawsuit against Venum MMA appear. Apparently Nike has a Venom apparel line and they say Venum is the same as Venom, their demands include a cease and desist of all things having to do with the name Venum and that all inventories with the name Venum on them be destroyed.

Something about all of this makes me think Nike+Zuffa=UFC Uniforms and this is an outlined task to that end. No tin foil hat needed.
When I read that they were working with a major apparel company I thought Nike was the obvious candidate considering their existing relationship. I'm guessing the UFC brand seen on fighters like Jones and Rousey would be under the Nike umbrella and I'd imagine they would just slap a swoosh on all the apparel that has the UFC logo on it. Just my guess.
Maybe they will have their own Nike branch kind of like Michael Jordan.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote