MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rank your interest in these upcoming fights

View Single Post

Old 03-13-2014, 04:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
OU
BOOMER SOONER

OU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings SystemOU Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua7789 View Post
I completely forgot about the first fight. As for the second, I thought it was pretty definitively Strauss. I suppose that makes it a little more relevant.

They continually change there own rules in order to push the fighters they consider big names and. They should stop pushing the tournament format if it is irrelevant. Freire got screwed over by Bellator booking a rematch that didn't really need to happen right now.
I personally like the rule, I don't think it should apply to all Champions but guys like Alvarez, Curran and Chandler who all won tourneys, won the belt and successfully defended the belt. In Chandler's case he lost a very close SD that I felt he won. Only makes sense he gets a rematch. Eddie fought twice against tough competition to get his rematch before that. I don't think they have handed out any unwarranted rematches to this point. They haven't given anyone a rematch that didn't hold the title at one point.
OU is offline   Reply With Quote