MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Who's the Best Fighter To not be Ko'd or Tko'd?

View Single Post

Old 03-13-2014, 08:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
John8204
Ultra-weight

John8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By All
First thing's first I'm going to set a bar at 25 fights I think some guys like Johny Hendricks(17 fights), Jon Jones(20 fights), Shane Carwin (14 fights) and Chris Weidman(11 fights) it's a little early in their careers to call them the best ever. I'm also going to eliminate women, bantam weights and flyweights because finishes are rare.

(HW) Bas Rutten(3) - While I consider him to not be a true HW he was a HW champion and frankly if it's not him you have to look at Heath Herring and he had four TKO's that were "technical"

(LHW) Gegard Mousasi(7) - 40 fights, kinda a default pick as I can't come up with anyone else at 205 who did as well.

(MW) Hector Lombard(6) - 39 fights not a single KO, and in most cases I think guys refused to fight and stand with him.

(WW) Carlos Condit(2) - 36 fights not a single KO, and I can't recall ever seeing him dropped once.

(LW) Takanori Gomi(4) - 44 fights number of loses but one of the ten greatest LW's of all time

(FW) Jose Aldo(1) - 25 Fights right at the cutoff

The rest of the top ten in my eyes.

HM - Diego Sanchez(5) - 30 Fights going head first and really just a doctor stoppage personally I feel like he would have pealed off his face and kept going.

HM - Jim Miller(9) (Sanchez fought for the title Miller didn't, Sanchez a much higher level of strikers)

HM - Chris Lytle(10) (only doctor stoppages for Lytle which considering how long he was around is impressive)

HM - Gilbert Melendez(8) (should likely be ranked ahead of Gomi and Sanchez but I just don't think he's been in danger of getting KO'd in his 25 fights)

John8204 is offline   Reply With Quote