MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - I started Boxing

View Single Post

Old 07-10-2007, 03:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
wukkadb
Das ▄bermensch

wukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpimp88
^ I disagree completely. I started with Boxing as my base, transitioned well into Kickboxing and Thai when I went to train in MMA. Mind you I also did wrestling, but I had no problem transitioning to MMA with Boxing. However if you try and learn Boxing and then go and compete in an MMA fight that'd be suicide, but transitioning isn't hard. Now I have great footwork, am great at dodging/blocking strikes and have a heavy right hand.
Repped for truth. Boxing is great for transitioning into MMA. The majority of strikes are landed with your hands, and boxers tend to have very good cardio. There are a lot of fundamentals about boxing that apply immensely to MMA.

What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline   Reply With Quote