MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - I started Boxing

View Single Post

Old 07-10-2007, 08:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Judoka
Super Heavyweight

Judoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of KnowledgeJudoka Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bscoop09
Hey Guys....

I am think I want to start amatuer fighting in the next few years...currently I am a 1 stripped blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Ricardo Almeida...just last week I started boxing training for my stand up game....My schedule is kinda wierd though because I have school right now...so I have M-W-F-S nites right now...I figure Ill do 2hours of boxing training then about two hours of jiu jitsu with randori after....just wondering if this is a good combination??
Sounds good, Boxing and Jiu Jitsu is a good mix. but like every fighting style you have to do a bit of adapting for MMA. You can't go into MMA without training against alot of things, Boxing will be very helpful but you will have to go to MMA classes before competing.

Why did you say randori when you don't do a Japanese martial art?

Judoka is offline   Reply With Quote