MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bas or Kimo?

Thread: Bas or Kimo?
View Single Post

Old 06-06-2006, 09:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Onganju
Outta My Head

Onganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level now
This one is going to be... Interesting to say the least. I hope I'm not in the minority in saying that I would have liked to see this fight 5 years ago.

If I was going on credentials alone, I would give this fight to Bas. However, I have to take in account that he's been away from the fight game for 7 years. Most fighters deteriorate immensely with just a fraction of the lay off. However, Bas has been quoted to say that he's kept himself close to "fight shape" and knowing him, he probably has a boyscout's mentality to his training: ALWAYS PREPARED.

Regardless, Kimo has kept himself active over the past 7 years. Unlike the Gracie vs. Shamrock fight that happened about 2 months ago, this is not a great fighter coming in off of a lay-off to a debuting fighter. This is a great fighter coming back from a HUGE lay-off to challenge an experienced and active fighter. If Bas is able to train effectively to regain a majority of his legendary skills and still has the same non-stop attack that picks fighters apart, he should be able to take this fight. But with the inactivity and age (he's now 41), I would not be suprised to see Kimo walk out of this one with the W.

I'm pulling for Bas, but I won't be suprised if he loses. Hopefully I'll get to see this one live. They still have tickets available for the event, and I live 15 minutes away from it.

Oh, here are a few HL vids if you're not familiar with Bas. The first one is pretty straight-forward. The second one gives you a glimpse into his mad style and personality which makes him one of the most entertaining people in MMA ever.

Vid 1
Vid 2
Onganju is offline   Reply With Quote