MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bas or Kimo?
Thread: Bas or Kimo?
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Outta My Head
This one is going to be... Interesting to say the least. I hope I'm not in the minority in saying that I would have liked to see this fight 5 years ago.

If I was going on credentials alone, I would give this fight to Bas. However, I have to take in account that he's been away from the fight game for 7 years. Most fighters deteriorate immensely with just a fraction of the lay off. However, Bas has been quoted to say that he's kept himself close to "fight shape" and knowing him, he probably has a boyscout's mentality to his training: ALWAYS PREPARED.

Regardless, Kimo has kept himself active over the past 7 years. Unlike the Gracie vs. Shamrock fight that happened about 2 months ago, this is not a great fighter coming in off of a lay-off to a debuting fighter. This is a great fighter coming back from a HUGE lay-off to challenge an experienced and active fighter. If Bas is able to train effectively to regain a majority of his legendary skills and still has the same non-stop attack that picks fighters apart, he should be able to take this fight. But with the inactivity and age (he's now 41), I would not be suprised to see Kimo walk out of this one with the W.

I'm pulling for Bas, but I won't be suprised if he loses. Hopefully I'll get to see this one live. They still have tickets available for the event, and I live 15 minutes away from it.

Oh, here are a few HL vids if you're not familiar with Bas. The first one is pretty straight-forward. The second one gives you a glimpse into his mad style and personality which makes him one of the most entertaining people in MMA ever.

Vid 1
Vid 2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome