MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - 21 times UFC showed they're entertainment

View Single Post

Old 05-07-2014, 04:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
M.C
Filthy Casuals

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
There's no doubt that the UFC sometimes goes heavy on the entertainment side of "sports entertainment". I mean they literally pay guys more and keeps guys on the roster longer if they are exciting, even if they don't win as much as a guy who is boring. Entertainment/entertaining the fans is a huge priority for the UFC, yes sometimes even more of a priority than the sports side of it.

However, I'm okay with it. I learned long ago that this is a sports entertainment business, so when they bring in WWE stars to fight with little to no experience whatsoever, I just shrug at this point.

We still get great fights.

“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote