Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Reviewing TUF 19: episode 5 & TUF Brazil 3: episode 10

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  kantowrestler 
#1 ·
TUF: Brazil 3 – Episode 10

The episode opens with Team Sonnen’s Marcos Rogerio and Team Silva’s Jollyson Francisco preparing for their upcoming fight, the last quarterfinal bout. During a Team Sonnen training session, the fighters encourage coach Hortencia Marcari to spend some time in the ice bath. She proceeds to do a circuit the guys are participating in and briefly she and head coach Chael Sonnen do some swing dancing before she actually does sit in the ice bath. She sits in the bath for five minutes and during that time starts to go cross eyed. After getting out she goes into the sauna to warm up and hug Sonnen.

After both fighters make weight no problem, the fight takes place and the first round is close but goes in favor of Rogerio. The second round for the most part is one sided and there are points toward the end when it is questioned why it wasn’t stopped. All three judges score it in favor of Rogerio. Both coaches then meet with Dana White and the semifinalists and all discuss what the semifinal match ups should be. The semifinal match ups are announced as Wagner Gomes vs. Warlley Alves, Ricardo Abreu vs. Marcio Junior at middleweight, then Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Marcos Rogerio, and Richardson Moreira vs. Vitor Miranda at heavyweight.

TUF 19: Episode 5 – Too Salty

During training, coach BJ Penn talked about how the fighters need to make sure not to over train. Shortly after all the fighters proceed to celebrate Halloween in the house and are at one point visited by coach Frankie Edgar which also involves some fighters dressed in drag. The next day Team Edgar goes on a hike up to Mount Charleston. During a conversation in the house, Team Penn’s Roger Zapata comments that wrestling is “simple” egging on fighter Corey Anderson. Anderson then mentions his introduction to MMA through Ben Askren.

The weigh ins goes no problem as both men make the light heavyweight limit. The match then takes place and consists of Anderson taking down Josh Clark constantly. Round two is more one sided then round one with Anderson imposing ground and pound on Clark constantly. Ultimately it is scored a majority decision in favor of Anderson who would like to be the one to pull an upset. With Team Edgar in control, Edgar decides to match up his team’s Ian Stephens against Team Penn’s Roger Zapata.
http://mma-freak.com/reviewing-tuf-19-episode-5-tuf-brazil-3-episode-10/?ia=1

#6 ·
im so confused, happy but confused.

It is a Tie plan and simple, how can you go to from score cards to just asking someones opinion on who won the fight, whats the point of score cards then.

Was this rule stated before hand to the fighters if it ends in a tie the judges will just choose who wins? if not then the fighter on edgers team needs to do some serious legality talks

I like who won the fight even though i thought the red guy won, but i guess they are scoring octagon control less now then they used too.

#7 ·
That was absurd, the guys bleeding from the back of his head he was going for submission attempts the whole time he had complete grappling control that was a 30-26 fight for Stephens. Now watch the kid not even get a contract fight on the finale.

#9 ·
Dana needs to shove his stupid bald ******* head into a meat grinder. He's such a ******* moron. How was there even a third? It doesn't matter if you don't know **** all about fighting or jiu jitsu if a guy has his back taken for 8 minutes out of the 10 they fought he lost. Then the same thing happens and he still loses. And the fact that Dana was happy about it and that **** wit who won celebrated like that makes me so incredibly pissed off. It doesn't matter if it's entertaining he was dominated from start to finish. Those bullshit punches over his shoulder didn't do **** all. **** Dana White. **** the judges.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#10 ·
Plus this is the same asshole that thought Carmouche beat Tate, great ******* consistency.

I was thrilled when Chris Cope beat Shamar Baily by out pointing him but he did that against the cage standing up. He was warned about the elbows, he grabbed the cage and the poor guy Stephens was bleeding from the back of his head..just disgusted right now.

Judges ******* hate Frankie Edgar they actually made new rules to screw over people near him.

#13 ·
I hate Frankie Edgar. I hate his pitter patter point fighting style. I hate his attitude as a coach. I hate his stupid Jersey accent. I hate his little man's coaching voice. I hate watching all of his fights, except the rounds where he gets hurt, like vs Maynard and vs Bendo. I even hate his entrance music, and I hate the way he runs to the cage...and then fights to score some points. I don't know why, but basically I hate everything I've seen about the man. I wish he never got the first fight against BJ Penn.

That said, thank you, Mazzagatti, for you are truly the greatest referee at making things interesting. :thumb01:

#16 ·
That was such a foolish episode, Mazagatti needs to lose his damn job already my god. Stephens won that fight, he controlled his back for basically 15mins, he did shit all in the damage department but I mean if two judges made it a draw why not just go to a 4th round? or is that not allowed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.