MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - High Kicks

Thread: High Kicks
View Single Post

Old 07-19-2007, 07:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Onganju
Outta My Head

Onganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun_is_Champ
Yeah, I've never seen people effectively use a lead leg for any hurting power, only for points when I did Tae Kwon Do.
GSP KO'd Hughes with a lead leg kick. A cut kick from normal ready position will be more like a jab, but you can put one out with a bit of sting. If you proceed the kick with a full step forward, it would be more powerful than a standard kick from the rear leg.

Flexibility and form is key. Flexibility will help you carry power throughout a greater range of motion. Form/technique will ensure that you are generating a greater amount of power.

A great source book is this one: The Complete Mater's Kick by, Hee Il Cho. What's that? Don't complain that it's TKD. It's written by a man with over 30 years of experience while kicking. Adjusting the techniques for MT/MMA applications is not that hard.

If all else fails, find someone to train you. You will get a lot farther a lot faster with a trainer than you would trying to figure things out through trial-and-error.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
Onganju is offline   Reply With Quote