MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - High Kicks
Thread: High Kicks
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Outta My Head
Originally Posted by Shogun_is_Champ
Yeah, I've never seen people effectively use a lead leg for any hurting power, only for points when I did Tae Kwon Do.
GSP KO'd Hughes with a lead leg kick. A cut kick from normal ready position will be more like a jab, but you can put one out with a bit of sting. If you proceed the kick with a full step forward, it would be more powerful than a standard kick from the rear leg.

Flexibility and form is key. Flexibility will help you carry power throughout a greater range of motion. Form/technique will ensure that you are generating a greater amount of power.

A great source book is this one: The Complete Mater's Kick by, Hee Il Cho. What's that? Don't complain that it's TKD. It's written by a man with over 30 years of experience while kicking. Adjusting the techniques for MT/MMA applications is not that hard.

If all else fails, find someone to train you. You will get a lot farther a lot faster with a trainer than you would trying to figure things out through trial-and-error.

It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree... As long as I don't bore you and I spark a moment of thought, my goal is achieved.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome