MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Southpaw stance vs. Dragon Stance

View Single Post

Old 07-20-2007, 11:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
taiwnezboi
Love Hisae

taiwnezboi will become famous soon enoughtaiwnezboi will become famous soon enoughtaiwnezboi will become famous soon enoughtaiwnezboi will become famous soon enoughtaiwnezboi will become famous soon enoughtaiwnezboi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by entheo
Kung Fu is only as effective as the practitioner is at understanding/applying it. The few that compete in MMA with it do not understand the depth, application, or theory.

The main comparison problem is the radically different principles in internal soft style Kung Fu. From the outside Dragon Stance appears slow, unbalanced and of poor defense. With the legs, hips, and feet as they are you can explode in any direction very quickly while maintaining root and balance. I can almost guarantee that you have never seen someone move faster.

I will hopefully be proving the effectiveness in the octagon, I may have a fight in September and/or October.
Kung Fu could be very good, but I think MMA rules limit a lot of its effectiveness. There is no small joint manipulation in MMA, and I think pressure points are off limits as well? My dad's friend did a lot of Kung Fu and Chin Na, and he did weird grips on my arm and I couldn't move, but I don't think you can do that kind of stuff in MMA.

Cris Cyborg
Chute Boxe Academy
MMA Record: 4-0 (3 (T)KOs)
Recently signed by EliteXC
Cris Cyborg Highlight Reel

taiwnezboi is offline   Reply With Quote