Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

UFC Gloves vs PRIDE Gloves

13K views 33 replies 24 participants last post by  XitUp 
#1 ·
Hi. I'm new. :thumbsup:

Anyways, I was wondering about UFC Gloves and Pride Gloves. Are they the same thickness and size? Is one padded more then the other? I used the search function but nothing came up so I made this thread.

Anyone have any information on this would be really nice.

#7 ·
MMA freak said:
Don't really know but both look very identical to each other, with the knuckles sticking out and both sort of thick but not too much. They must be very close to the same, if you want to know which one is better, probably PRIDE FC because they make more money than UFC currently therefore can probably afford better products for their fighters and better promotion.
Wow, you take every chance you get to bash UFC dont you

#13 ·
MMA freak said:
Don't really know but both look very identical to each other, with the knuckles sticking out and both sort of thick but not too much. They must be very close to the same, if you want to know which one is better, probably PRIDE FC because they make more money than UFC currently therefore can probably afford better products for their fighters and better promotion.

Say what??????

I suggest you do some research.

#17 ·
MMA freak said:

lol the only thing pride makes more money in is ticket sales. ufc dominates ppv, and marketing. this is kind of late though, seeing as ufc just bought pride....partially because pride was struggling finacially.

#18 ·
MMA freak said:
if you want to know which one is better, probably PRIDE FC because they make more money than UFC currently therefore can probably afford better products .

ya dudddde theyre doing really well....thats why they got TAKEN OVER by the ufc.

#19 ·
as for the difference in the gloves... same size, just shaped different. if you laid ufc gloves on a table they would be flat, pride gloves would be bent up at the fingers. im not for sure but i think pride gloves have a thumb spot too

#20 ·
if u noticed the guy that said Pride makes more money thanUFC posted it in september so i cant say he is dumb but i bet he feels dumb now.

Im not too sure about pride, but i thought i remember joe rogan saying that in the UFC u had a choice of 4 oz or 6 oz gloves for the UFC in one of my DVDs? maybe i was just smoking tons of peyote but who knows.

They dont only wear the gloves to prevent hand breaking but if u have ever been punched bare knuckle over the eye it really messes you up with a nasty cut. i know you can still get cut with elbows but if you dont have gloves on the probability is alot higher

#21 ·
Ok, so i just bought some windy brand pride gloves from title's warehouse shop, no idea if you can get them anywhere else as they are very, very discontinued (and very discounted, 10 bucks!) the main difference is that they are lace up and velcro and have a neoprene (maybe, it's stretchy like knee pad material) sleeve that fits around the thumb. UFC i imagine uses normal MMA gloves that are just velcro and have a little elastic loop, or nothing at all for the thumb. I have also heard pride gloves referred to as vale tudo gloves, but i'm not sure on that one.

#22 ·
ufc gloves and pride gloves are just like all top grappling gloves (4oz).

Just picked up a fair of fairtex gloves, no loop in the thumb so you have freedom of the thumb, you can pick any of these sort of gloves up for around £30.

grapplers mag rated the fairtex ones the best gloves to use for grappling and mma, i took a look at the ufc ones and there exactly the same no thumb. the only thing that changes between all these brands of gloves is the logo on the top, apart from that there all at the same level there gloves not a damn car.

on another note it doesnt take tons of money to make a pair of good gloves!

#23 ·
This thread makes me laugh, I read the first page and it is so old there are people commenting about how much more money Pride made compared to the UFC and how the UFC couldnt afford to buy as good o gloves, seems funny knowing what we know now.

#25 ·
@Xitup:
Those are not the ufc gloves they're using now.

This is insane, am I the only one who can see that the UFC-gloves have more padding now??

I think the lbs-measuring is a bad way of measuring the sizes of gloves(mma-gloves thatis). 4oz in weight may be right, but even a fool can se that the dream/WVR-gloves have less padding...

The US MMA is taking a very bad direction in my opinion, the rules, early stoppages, favouring cowards(..and wrestlers) who likes to turtle up and other positions just showing back of the head, and last but not least - the UFC trying to rule the sport via monopoly and with ridiculous methods(recently banning afflictions shirts..).

I really DO have good hopes for the MMA in US and my hopes go to the new affliction promotion and allowing knees to downed oppents. War Affliction(and other promotions against UFC), I use to love UFC as an org, even more than pride but you're a retard if you don't see what they're doing is enormously bad for the sport...

#30 ·
The glove rating/measurement is not based on the weight of the glove itself, or the thickness of the padding. It refers to the amount of insulation of blunt force the padding provides. If a denser foam is used then the pad will be thinner, if the foam is less dense then the pad will be thicker. The visible thickness of the glove means absolutely nothing in terms of the protection it affords.

That said, the UFC uses 4 oz gloves just like every other organization in MMA, no matter what you think you see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.