Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

way of life

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  prospect 
#1 ·
Hello , my name is Paul and I'm 22 years old . I recently started going to a MMA gym in my town . I work 2 consecutive days and get 2 free days after . In my work days , I work 15 straight hours . My problem is : I enjoy MMA training , but the 2 hours / day I get from the gym are not enough . I do not have any sparring buddy and I do not want to wear my body out . what extra training could/should I do ? I don't eat very much junk food , and I want to "breathe" MMA and make it a lifestyle . any help is appreciated , but please take note that my financial possibilities are limited . Thanks in advance .

#2 ·
I'm not sure how you can make mma a way of life. While you're
working what 60 hours a week?
If you stick with it you could get much better at it. Don't worry about only training 2 hours a day. You could always move to another gym . But you just started So I'd say wait a couple of months. Just get to know the guys there and how it works. If you like it stick with it. If you don't. You tried.
Anyways good luck .

Also what exactly do you do in the gym?

#3 ·
I just don't feel that 2 hours are enough for me . and there isn't another mma gym in my town which is a downside . well , training ussualy starts at 8 pm , I'm there at about 7:40 . I practice with the jump rope . then after everyone is in we start stretching . and depending on the day , we practice leg kicks , grappling or boxing . we ussualy end the training with strength training ( squats , push-ups , sit-ups) ..

#4 ·
I dont see a problem. I spend around 10 hours at the gym. But only train for around 4-6 .

But you're just starting up?
I think you're fine. But if you insist. You could take extra bjj classes. Yoga. There's really loads of stuff that could help you.

But seriously I think that two hours a day for now is great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.