Votes: 7 87.5%

***OFFICIAL*** UFC on FOX 12 Main Card Thread

3K views 59 replies 32 participants last post by  JWP 
#1 ·

Main card - FOX - 8 PM ET
Anthony Johnson vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Dennis Bermudez vs. Clay Guida
Bobby Green vs. Josh Thomson

For Matt Brown vs. Robbie Lawler discussion please go to the specific fight thread

See less See more
#32 ·
That is very true ClydebankBlitz, Lil Nog hasn't seen the decline his brother has...he's starting to show it a bit now but not when beating Rashad.

Personally I would've put Lil Nog against a lower ranked LHW, but Rumble was meant to use Lil Nog as a stepping stone I think...and he sure as hell made the most of it.

#33 ·
A problem I have is they dont give the legends a chance.

Look at Koscheck.

He's past it? Of course he is. So who does he fight?

Johny Hendricks
Robbie Lawler
Tyron Woodley

Give the legeneds the opportunity to hit the bottom of the barrel. Let them be the new gatekeepers. The second they started losing fights they shouldnt be losing, THEN cut them.

EDIT: As you say, Big Nog is past it. They gave him Dave Herman, he rocked him on the feet on submitted him, like you'd expect. After that, he took on #1 contender Werdum and long time finisher Roy Nelson. Give him 0-0 in UFC John Dough. When he starts losing those, THEN he is finished imo.

#37 ·
Gutted that Thomson lost another split decision. Was it super close? Haven't watched it yet.

As far as Rumble, he's a monster. I remember thinking there's not much talent left for JBJ at 205 but now we have DC, Gus and Rumble knocking on that door. Amazing.

#38 ·
yeah another weird fight for thompson.. im pretty sure he was outlanding bobby, but bobby held the center and looked smooth and confident even when he was eating more punches than he was delivering...

that fight should have went 5 rounds..

#39 ·
It was a typical Thomson performance. He gets so caught up in stupid shit he loses fights he has no business losing. Looks like he's coasting half the time. Same thing against Gil and Henderson. He's so damn random. Where's the guy that blasted Diaz? Or KJ Noons or even Pat Healy? That guy sometimes and then the guy that gets wrestle****ed by Kawajiri.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#41 ·
I have to ask, but why do so many people call him Thompson lol.

Back on topic, its really amazing how random Thomson is, sometimes he comes out looking amazing then other times he fights way too safe and ends up losing.

I want to see Rumble fight Gus or Glover next both fights would be amazing. I've been really impressed with Johnson lately, even though he beat up my guy Davis.

I am very impressed by Bermudez lately but find it extremely annoying that he is asking for a title shot after beating a bunch of guys that are not top 10 guys (except Guida). I think he should fight Lamas next or just feed him to the wolves and give him KZ or Frankie

#45 ·
I have to ask, but why do so many people call him Thompson lol.
Perhaps same reason people call Ronda, Rhonda. :laugh:

Anyway. Hated the fight. Green is an idiot to me. All this joking around, endless talking, dancing and smiling at every strike landed or attempted and Thomson joining his parade. All this circus, multiple glove touches and even hugging during a fight extract all the sense a combat is going on, IMO. :thumbsdown:

#44 ·
Nog was never going to win that fight, not at this point in time. Rumble is big and strong, will stand with anyone, has great boxing and ridiculous power. Has the grappling defense to go with it.

I thought Nog would be able trade with him a bit longer, but he was inevitably going down. Probably good that it ended so quick, much pain was coming.

#52 ·
Josh got robbed IMO. All Green did was shake his head at him the entire time.

He may have been in the center a lot but Josh had more output and landed more.

Now he drops signifigantly lower in rankings from# 3 into oblivion.. he's gonna need 3 in a row to get back to that contender status... for a guy that's contemplated retirement IDK if he's got that in him..

#54 ·
Thompson threw... Bobby shakes his head.... Bobby dances, Thompson throws punch kick combo, Bobby shakes his head.

Bobby had the center and did absolutely nothing with it. Josh easily out pointed Bobby in that fight.

And then he got robbed by the judges.

#57 ·
Can't agree with you guys on this one.. Bobby seemed to do a lot of mocking with no counter striking when Josh was getting off.... I'm gonna have to rewatch it...

I remember thinking after the decision that Josh won every aspect of the striking dept... we were drinking and discussing the fight the entire time while we watched.... I'm definitely gonna have to rewatch and study it..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.