MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - So Do You Think Mike Swick Should Get A Title Shot Next?

View Single Post

Old 09-24-2006, 06:25 PM   #35 (permalink)
Raucous
MMA Fanatic

Raucous has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I am a huge Swick fan first off. I thought he did well against Mr. Elbows but I would like to see him have 1 more opponent before he gets his title shot. IMHO he is not on Franklins level yet and I really want to see him do well. He they throw him to Franklin now I think he'd lose and that would set him way back from becoming the middle weight champion.

Reasons why I think he's not ready:

1. He was calculating but abit tentative against Louaseau and the anxiety level showed when he gassed in the 3rd round. Any time you are nervous about fighting a tough fight you burn a lot more energy and gass sooner.

2. Swick was about to out think his opponent because Louaseau sat back on the defensive. Franklin will come at him like a rabid dog and give him much less time to think about his strategy. Swick simply needs to up his confidence level so he can be relaxed going up against Franklin.

IMO he should fight Anderson Silva (if he loses to Franklin), or Dean Lister as I've seen someone else post. Silva would be his best test because he has a similar style to Franklin.
Raucous is offline   Reply With Quote