MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Matt Hughes = Un-Impressive

View Single Post

Old 09-24-2006, 10:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pr0d1gy
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Pr0d1gy will become famous soon enoughPr0d1gy will become famous soon enoughPr0d1gy will become famous soon enoughPr0d1gy will become famous soon enoughPr0d1gy will become famous soon enoughPr0d1gy will become famous soon enoughPr0d1gy will become famous soon enoughPr0d1gy will become famous soon enoughPr0d1gy will become famous soon enoughPr0d1gy will become famous soon enough
Just want to throw this out there, but BJ did not thumb Hughes in the eye. If you have a good video capture card & take a look, the thumb starts on the bridge of the nose & slides down over Hughes' cheekbone never touching the eye. He did get socked straight in the eyeball though with the knuckles though. I thought it was a severely b**** move on his part to lobby for the poke stoppage in that instance.

I also agree with the OP in that I do not like Hughes' attitude at all, and this episode only furthered my view in this matter. I am not saying Penn could have won from that point, but it is quite obvious with some slow-mo in a high res environment that Hughes just pulled a complete b**** move.
Pr0d1gy is offline   Reply With Quote