Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

2 new bouts added to 61

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  UFCFAN33 
#1 ·
Dan Christison Vs. Frank Mir and Josh Burkman Vs. Josh Neer. Any thoughts bout these fights. I think frank will dominate Dan. And Neer and Burkman not really sure but i like neer here.

#4 ·
Christinson/Mir should be intersting, but I'm thinking Mir right now. He's on a great streak and he beat Tim Sylvia.

Burkman/Neer will be a great fight, I don't know enough about either of them to call it one way or the other.

#5 ·
2 More Matches added to 61: Bitter Rivals

There will be plenty on the line when UFC 61 – Bitter Rivals takes place at the Mandalay Bay Events Center on Saturday, July 8th, and not just in the featured bouts between Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock, and Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski.

In an intriguing heavyweight clash, former UFC champion Frank Mir will hope that his second comeback fight is more successful than his first when he tackles emerging contender Dan Christison.

At UFC 57 in February, over 16 months after a severe leg injury put him on the shelf, Mir returned to the Octagon against Brazil’s Marcio Cruz and was stopped in the first round. But with five more months of training to get his game back to where it was before the injury, the Las Vegan is ready to once again make a statement in the heavyweight division.

Standing in his way will be 6-8, 265 pound Dan Christison, a member of the cast of ‘The Ultimate Fighter’, season two, who made a huge splash in the big show on April 6th when he submitted season two TUF winner Brad Imes in the second round of an entertaining war that was one of the best fights of 2006 thus far.

Also added to the UFC 61 card is a meeting of two highly-regarded welterweight prospects, Josh Neer and Josh Burkman.

Neer, a member of the renowned Miletich Fighting Systems team, scored his first Octagon win in April when he upset season two TUF welterweight winner Joe Stevenson via a hard-fought three round unanimous decision. On that same show, Utah’s Burkman suffered his first UFC loss when he was submitted by Jon Fitch in the second round. With the talent-rich welterweight division heating up, the winner of this match will make huge strides up the 170-pound ladder.

Dan Christison v Frank Mir- This should be a good fight
Josh Neer v Josh Burkman- I think Neer will win this one

#6 ·
I think Sandman will crush Mir. I also think that means that we have our 2 heavyweight bouts on the card, which means we won't get to see monson v vera.:(

I think that Neer will win, but as far as I've seen, neither of them are looking at a title shot any time soon.

#8 ·
Adora said:
If Mir fights like he was before the injury Dan doesnt stand a chance. As for Neer, it will be awile before he gets a title shot, not to metion hes in the MFS and they dont fight each other. He may not get one until Hughes retires.
I think Sandman is smart enough to go for Mir's injury, which I think was a torso injury (I'm not positive, thought). Sandman has those great big kicks and I love to watch him flail with his long limbs. I think Sandman might get a title shot if he keeps going strong.

Neer has potential, maybe he will be a champ and maybe not, but I don' think that Burkman will. But on any given night, anybody can beat anybody*.

*some exceptions apply

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.