MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Takedown Defense

View Single Post

Old 08-02-2007, 05:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
wukkadb
Das ▄bermensch

wukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatnesswukkadb Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin
You'd get half-credit if you at least interpreted the footwork correctly.

I didn't even say move to the side. I said to move back, at a diagonal angle. Sideways doesn't work. But still, you missed a very important point, which I tried to stress. You ALSO shove your opponent's head away with stiff arms.

It's a shame that, to you, it seems I have no training. But then again, considering your other deductions so far, I shouldn't take it too personally.

I have a submission wrestling class available to me 3 times a week, though I usually only go to it on monday and wednesday. I do judo on sundays.

You're right about one thing, though. I have never wrestled -- in the highschool wrestling sense.

EDIT: also, I'm not trying to make anything sound advanced. What I am trying to do is to be thorough in my description, and cover as much as possible. But in the future, I'll do my best to be more concise since my posting has been almost gratiutously long as of late.
Ok, so your advice to avoid a TD is move out of the way diagonally and then push their head to the ground? I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but you're just stating the obvious man.

What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline   Reply With Quote