MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Could Joe Lauzon be a Force in the Lightweight Division?

View Single Post

Old 09-27-2006, 02:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
Alex_DeLarge
Super Heavyweight

Alex_DeLarge is on another level nowAlex_DeLarge is on another level nowAlex_DeLarge is on another level nowAlex_DeLarge is on another level nowAlex_DeLarge is on another level nowAlex_DeLarge is on another level nowAlex_DeLarge is on another level nowAlex_DeLarge is on another level nowAlex_DeLarge is on another level nowAlex_DeLarge is on another level nowAlex_DeLarge is on another level now
I personally think he will be a force, and here's why.

Now even if Jens isnt near the fighter he was. Lets say your first UFC fight was against a former champ, and a guy that has respectable wins over top named guys.

Your first UFC fight is against JENS PULVER. They literally fed him to the wolves for his first fight.

As Rogan said on the program Jens has got good takedown defense, Lauzon went right through it. Went back on their feet, he EXPLODED on Pulver like it was nothing, good combinations with the strikes and knees and just handed it to him.

I mean to overcome all those odds, even if Jens isnt the same fighter, this sport is also mental too, I mean your typical no name out of no where would have lost this fight in a heartbeat, he would have been mentally drained and just so many things would be going through his head, but not this guy.

I personally think Lauzon has a chance to become a top contender. He needs a few more fights under his belt but if he performs like he did against Pulver there's no doubt in my mind this guy can overcome anything.
Alex_DeLarge is offline   Reply With Quote