MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Do you wear MMA clothing outside of training?

View Single Post

Old 08-15-2007, 10:11 PM   #27 (permalink)
taiwnezboi
Love Hisae

taiwnezboi will become famous soon enoughtaiwnezboi will become famous soon enoughtaiwnezboi will become famous soon enoughtaiwnezboi will become famous soon enoughtaiwnezboi will become famous soon enoughtaiwnezboi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honra
I just don't see a reason to wear Tapout or any other fight wear company unless you train. Now I know people feel balls when they are out and about wearing that stuff but if im walking in a mall, bar, wherever and catch someone wearing one ill walk up, introduce myself and ask where they train. Why? Because I respect anyone that trains any combat sport. If I get a hesitation I know they're just a poser trying to look cool.

To answer the Tapout question... I don't want to wear such a commercialized product... if I wear Nogi, etc. only other people who train will recognize it.
I like Warrior Wear myself. I'm about to buy a hat and some T-shirts from them.

I've never seen anyone around town wearing fight gear, so if I did, I'd definitely ask them if they train. I wouldn't think it was a big deal if they didn't train, but I definitely think they'd be better off wearing the fan-type stuff (i.e. fighters' custom shirts by Affliction, UFC and Pride shirts, etc.).

Cris Cyborg
Chute Boxe Academy
MMA Record: 4-0 (3 (T)KOs)
Recently signed by EliteXC
Cris Cyborg Highlight Reel

taiwnezboi is offline   Reply With Quote