MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Do you wear MMA clothing outside of training?
View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Love Hisae
Originally Posted by Honra
I just don't see a reason to wear Tapout or any other fight wear company unless you train. Now I know people feel balls when they are out and about wearing that stuff but if im walking in a mall, bar, wherever and catch someone wearing one ill walk up, introduce myself and ask where they train. Why? Because I respect anyone that trains any combat sport. If I get a hesitation I know they're just a poser trying to look cool.

To answer the Tapout question... I don't want to wear such a commercialized product... if I wear Nogi, etc. only other people who train will recognize it.
I like Warrior Wear myself. I'm about to buy a hat and some T-shirts from them.

I've never seen anyone around town wearing fight gear, so if I did, I'd definitely ask them if they train. I wouldn't think it was a big deal if they didn't train, but I definitely think they'd be better off wearing the fan-type stuff (i.e. fighters' custom shirts by Affliction, UFC and Pride shirts, etc.).

Cris Cyborg
Chute Boxe Academy
MMA Record: 4-0 (3 (T)KOs)
Recently signed by EliteXC
Cris Cyborg Highlight Reel

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome