MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC: Matt Hughes Vs. BJ Penn

View Single Post

Old 09-27-2006, 10:10 PM   #58 (permalink)
gate403
MMA Fanatic

gate403 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Too bad for Penn

Watching BJ Penn is a real pleasure. Man he is a good fighter. He is, I think, the best overall MMA fighter in the UFC. His boxing outclasses virtually everyone he's met, his ground skills have no equal (in the UFC anyway), and he has tremendous fighting instincts, something that can't be taught. His worst enemy may be himself though. He was quoted as saying that he didn't want to go through too rigorous training because he loses the drive. That's too bad. He probably would be the title holder right now if his cardio was better. I didn't notice any rib injury to Penn, but I'll go back and look at the fight. He just looked really gassed. Maybe it was a combination. He did look a little off in this fight. In any case, he's an incredibly gifted fighter and I hope that he sticks to it and comes back again. Too bad that such a talented fighter has had so many setbacks.

I also like Matt Hughes, but he's a boring fighter. He's a great guy, an excellent ambassador for the sport, but his days are numbered. GSP is gonna win in the rematch. Once that happens it might be difficult for BJ to get the title because I think that GSP is just getting better and better. It will be a war though. And GSP is lots of fun to watch, in and out of the cage.

Here's hoping that BJ comes back strong and in shape next time..
gate403 is offline   Reply With Quote