Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Things in MMA That Will Always Make You Laugh

2K views 34 replies 23 participants last post by  traf_quake 
#1 ·
1. His name actually escapes me, but he threw off his blue ring jacket in PRIDE, and ran right into a knockout punch before being finished off with strikes. Feel free to fill me in on the names. Cracks me up every time.

2. Bas' infamous "BING! BING! BOOM"

3. Tito's speech impediment. I swear, it's getting worse.

4. The LEGENDARY Don Frye and Ken Shamrock staredown. As intense as it was, it made me giggle.

5. Ivan Salaverry's post-fight cartwheel and kisses to the crowd.

This is just for fun, seeing as there's not much to talk about lately, besides the usual UFC 74 topics. But that's expected. Feel free to add your own, I'll probably add some more.

#2 ·
TheJame said:
1. His name actually escapes me, but he threw off his blue ring jacket in PRIDE, and ran right into a knockout punch before being finished off with strikes. Feel free to fill me in on the names. Cracks me up every time.

I think you are referring to the Silva vs. Nakamura fight where Nakamura takes off his gi only to get punched out by Wanderlei.

#3 ·
1. Justin Eilers. I cannot stop laughing at Justin Eilers. Dude knows how to bring the funny. From his pre-fight (UFC 49) promo to his Flair flop to getting his head kicked off by Vera. Eilers is the second coming of Paul Varelans, and I think that's awesome.

2. Robbie Lawler being KO'ed by Nick Diaz. Almost Flair-like in it's glory. Robbie totally makes that KO.

3. Bas Rutten in general. Bas is awesome, but this is already known.

4. Anytime Don Frye speaks. Frye is probably the best promo man in MMA, and him zinging Ken (On Dear Don) was pretty great.

5. Pissed off, promo cutting Ken Shamrock. The guy just knows how to be funny, even when he's not trying to be. From the swank 'burns to "I'll knock your hair black" to the facial hair. I mean, come on, he uses pro-wrestling lingo in MMA.

#4 ·
1. Hendo's ass crack chin.

2. Tellingman's Bucket.

3. Bas, Bas and oh yeah, Bas.

4. BJ Penn.

5. Anything related to Don Fyre or Ken Shamrock. This includes but is not limited to facial hair, promo cutting skillz and stare downs.

6. Krazy Horse.

7. Bas.

#5 ·
brownpimp88 said:
1. Hendo's ass crack chin.

2. Tellingman's Bucket.

3. Bas, Bas and oh yeah, Bas.

4. BJ Penn.

5. Anything related to Don Fyre or Ken Shamrock. This includes but is not limited to facial hair, promo cutting skillz and stare downs.

6. Krazy Horse.

7. Bas.
Hendo's chin is really magnificent. I mean, you really notice the asscrackiness of it when he speaks.

All good picks, especially Telligman's bucket. I also have to give props to Mezger digging the muzik~! though this isn't really a props kind of topic.

6. El Solar vs Minoru Suzuki. Quite possibly the most bizarre shit I've seen in MMA, even more bizarre than Datsik.

7. Datsik.

#6 · (Edited)
1. Listening to Rampage go on about video games and kickin' yo ass, especially when he used to drop F-bombs all the time.
2. Any Giant Silva fight. He must be the most uncoordinated human being alive.
3. Watching Gilbert Yvel punch out that referee.
4. Almost anything Mark Coleman does these days. But falling off the ropes was the best.
5. Ayoki's Rainbow Brite pants. I hope he wears those in UFC one day.
6. JoSonDO. Oh, and SAFTA.
7. Keith Hackney's rough lovin'
8. Eddie Bravo calling Randy 'Chuck' at UFC 43, especially because of both guys' reactions to the goofup.
9. Randy spanking Tito in the Octagon.
10. A lot of what Saku does.
11. Mo Smith making fun of Coleman.
12. Tito bookin' it across the Octagon. What the hell?
13. Oh, and I always laugh my ass off when I see Bas cracking Frank in the face, and Frank making those faces at him.

#7 ·
Damone said:
1. Justin Eilers. I cannot stop laughing at Justin Eilers. Dude knows how to bring the funny. From his pre-fight (UFC 49) promo to his Flair flop to getting his head kicked off by Vera. Eilers is the second coming of Paul Varelans, and I think that's awesome.
He did a pretty kickass Flair Flop when Buentello tagged him, too.

#11 · (Edited)
CroCop coming out to 'Wild Boys' by Duran Duran always makes me laugh. For some reason Eastern Europeans just love the 80's new wave stuff:dunno:

Ken Shamrocks shorts from the early UFC's.:thumbsup:

Pelligrinos sweet break dancing moves in the octagon.

Baroni running around like a mad man yelling "I'm the best eva!!!!" after brutally KO'ing Dave Menne.

Probably my favorite ever in terms of comedy is Minowa Dropkicking Butterbean and bouncing off. That had me in tears.

#13 ·
1. Pretty much anything Nate Diaz or Nick says

2. The way Lawler pushed the ref off of him after brutally KOing Tiki.

3. Anything involving Ken Shamrock and/or Don Frye

4. Krazy Horse jumping all over the ring in his fights

5. Mark Coleman trying to jump all over the ring

6. Frank Trigg kissing Robbie Lawler and getting KTFO badly

7. Frank Trigg getting K/CTFO

#14 ·
:thumbsup: Heath Herring KO'ing that guy that kissed him before the fight.:thumbsup:

#17 ·
Genki Sudo attempting a flying triangle in a Muay Thai bout.

Genki Sudo doing the robot during a fight.

Genki Sudo running in circles around the ring and watching his opponent chase him.

Genki Sudo vs Butterbean. I can't even single out a moment on that one, the whole fight was hilarious.

#18 ·
That's some funny stuff. Especially Forrest' comments. I'd like to see some clips though, particularly El Solar vs. Suzuki. I'm all about the bizarre, so bring it on.

6. Joe Rogan's weasel-like laugh.

7. Royce Gracie tapping Ken Shamrock, then Shamrock trying to carry on as if it never happened.

8. Ken Shamrock removing his flip flops before advancing to Tito during TUF3. Hell, it'll only happen once in MMA, but I'll laugh every single time.

#19 ·
Sean Salmons crane kick in the Rashad fight was funny as hell.:thumb02: I'd make that my avatar if I could.

#20 ·
Wawaweewa said:
Genki Sudo attempting a flying triangle in a Muay Thai bout.

Genki Sudo doing the robot during a fight.

Genki Sudo running in circles around the ring and watching his opponent chase him.

Genki Sudo vs Butterbean. I can't even single out a moment on that one, the whole fight was hilarious.
He is awesome.

Tito literally turning tail and running from Wand was great.

#22 ·
Anything to do with Paul Varelans

Gilbert Yvel's bad attitude, if MMA has a heel, it's Yvel.

Phil Baroni interviews

Gary Goodridge interviews and his cheesy sunglasses.

The Pride ref who set Crazy Horse straight when CH was making his usual mockery of the pre-fight rules. He actually got Crazy Horse to pay attention, I laughed my ass off.

Sakuraba's taped up ears

Anything to do with Justin Eilers

People who tap out in Vale Tudo for no reason at all

Igor Vovy's overly nice personality

#23 · (Edited)
Wand saying he wanted to **** Chuck.

Garry goodridge running into the cage after he won a fight.

Joe Rogan asking Brandon Vera to talk us through the fight. Vera saying, "I kicked him in the head, punched him in the face, where's my check."

Frank Shamrock giving Phil Baroni the put you to sleep signal in the middle of their fight.

BJ Penn saying it was a good thing has guy on tuf taped out to the kimura. Because if he didn't he wouldn't be able to wipe his ass for a month.

Joe Rogan saying BJ penn must have blew his wad in the Huhges/Penn 2 fight.

Ken Shamrock telling Tito " I'm goona beat you into a living death."

#25 ·
I like all the ones mentioned so far...anything that has to do with the following people USUALLY cracks me up, whether it's their personality or shit they do in the ring:

-Genki Sudo (personality and fight style)
-Frank Shamrock (personality and in-ring antics)
-Bas Rutten (personality)
-Phil Baroni (personality)
-Justin Eilers (personality and fight style (dude said he would fight his mom lol))
-Wes Sims (he's useless and goofy looking, he makes me laugh)
-Ken Shamrock (personality/facial hair)
-Din Thomas (personality)
-Don Frye (personality and fight style, and shorts and mustache)
-BJ Penn (personality)
-Krazy Horse (personality and in-ring antics)
-Rampage (personality)
-James Thompson (personality)
-Giant Silva (fight style)
-Martin Kampmann (personality)
-Shannon Ritch

#26 ·
1. Shamrock slipping after missing a high kick on Rich Franklin.

2. Heath Herring getting kissed by a japanese fighter (who's name escapes me at the moment) during a staredown and just knocking him the f*ck out.

3. Again I forget the names (MIGHT have been Kenflo, not sure), but during a UFC fight one guy was running from his opponent and turned around (in the direction he was running) only to run straight into one of the sides of the octagon.

4. After Liddell/Sobral 2, when Big John stops Liddell at the end and Babalu is so dis-orientated that he goes for a leg lock on Big John, only for Big John to reverse it and mount Babalu - classic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.