MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Favorite Submissions

View Single Post

Old 06-09-2006, 05:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adora
Thats what make Hughes so great. The fact that Riggs couldnt get a arm free. Hell if you think about it, it sounds easy to do but with a guy like Hughes it hard as hell.
Hughes is strong, but the only reason that Diesel didn't get out of it was because he hadn't been training to deal with submissions. He figured that Hughes would just groundnpound him.

I looked back on my last few fights and I realized that even though I'm usually a jiu-jitsu guy I've won the last 3 fights by submissio due to strikes. I think there's this advantage to using the mount and just pounding.

My vote's still for armbar, but I think that the groundnpound is the most dangerous for thicker buys like me when they're fighting in their own weightclass.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote