Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Breaking NEWS Rickson gracie to fight on NYE 2007

563 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Damone 
#1 ·
Over a year ago here on The FightWorks Podcast, we spoke with Breno Sivak, who is a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu from Gracie Humaita in Rio de Janeiro. Sivak has been a long time friend of Rickson Gracie, and in our conversation claimed that Rickson was preparing to fight another mixed martial arts fight in December 2006.

Sivak’s claim was dismissed as rumor by some, but this weekend at the Brazilian jiu-jitsu Mundials in Los Angeles, I spoke with Rickson Gracie personally and asked if there was any truth to Sivak’s statement. Rickson confirmed that he does indeed still intend to fight and is currently in negotiations with multiple MMA promotions to fight on December 31, 2007.

So while Breno’s statement was not entirely spot on, in essence he was indeed correct that Rickson Gracie is still looking for another chance to demonstrate the skills of the “Lion of the Gracie family”. Rickson will be travelling back to Brazil and has plans for Japan before the end of the year. We will let you know when we learn more.

This entry was posted on Sunday, August 26th, 2007 at 10:29 pm and

» Breaking News: Rickson Gracie Confirms He Plans to Fight on New Years Eve The FightWorks Podcast

See less See more
#6 ·
NikosCC said:
Well im going to post as much as i can.. im going to try to keep involved.. but i wont be able to as much as before..
Damn we were already trying to divy up your points lol, glad to hear you are still posting for like this one they are usually great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.