MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Favorite Submissions

View Single Post

Old 06-09-2006, 09:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Onganju
Outta My Head

Onganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level now
Favorite submission hold to finish with? Probably the Head-and-Arm choke aka Arm Triangle. A lot of guys just end up falling into position to get caught by this, whether they be standing, on top or on the bottom.

My favorite submission hold to work from is the Ude Garami (Judo: Entangled Armlock), aka "Americana/Keylock" in the overhead version or "Kimura" in the underarm version. Not only is this a great way to finish in general, but I've been able to set up Armbars, taking the back, the HAC, and even Kneebars (thank you Bas Rutten) by threatening this hold. It's probably one of the most versatile of offensive weapons when on the ground.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
Onganju is offline   Reply With Quote