Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

MMAForum.com's Grand Training Facility Directory

33K views 54 replies 42 participants last post by  nateberry1 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello All! Well, after taking some time to gather up some money and doing some research, I found myself a place to train and I’ve completed my first week in. I must say that I’ve never knew that the aftermath of 2 rounds of Jumping Rope would be sore legs for the rest of the week. But I digress...

As I’ve noticed, many newer posters have come in looking for places (or suggestions on places) to train. As we now have 13,560+ members (and that is constantly growing) some of us who train in the Martial Arts, and some of us are looking for a place to train. Because of that, I thought it would be best to create a central place that all of us can use to look up Dojos, Gyms, and Training Centers. So if you currently train, please let us know where you train, and other information. In fact you can copy and paste the template I have below and just fill in the blanks. Most of it should be self-explanatory. Even so, I’ve left instructions.

Facility Name: (Put the name of your place of training here)
Location: (City and State/Province and/or country if applicable)
Website URL: (If available)
Phone Number(s): (List a useable contact number for the facility, not any of its trainers)
Style(s) Taught: (List all styles that are taught at the facility)
Instructor(s): (List the name of main instructors here)
Miscellaneous: (List any thoughts or interesting factoids in this area here)
This way anyone on the forum can browse through this section, and they will have (hopefully) a wealth of information and contacts about training facilities that may be local to them. There are a few things that I want to make clear:

1) Do not post pricing schedules. This is not always available online, and the choice to make that information available is up to the individual training facilities. Let’s respect that decision.
2) Do not blast any of the training facilities or any of the styles listed. Any posts of that type will be deleted and the poster will be warned. Please be open minded enough to respect the arts/styles that your other forum-goers are studying. If you have a real issue with a given style or facility, open a topic in either the Standup or Grappling sub-forums. This topic is not meant to be a breeding ground for flames or insipid “TMA vs. MMA” debates.
3) Do not request information on any particular training facility by posting in this topic. Any posts doing so will be deleted. If you do have a question that you want a particular poster to answer about their training facility, PM the poster for it. I want this thread to be simply a directory, nothing else.
4) Do not start threads about “training stories” in this topic. Any posts of that type will be deleted. It doesn’t matter if the story is positive or derogatory. Again, this topic will be used as a directory, nothing else.
5) Do not post any personal information on any members or instructors of your training facility in this thread. Doing so will get your post deleted, and a warning. This should be common sense. I for one would not want my personal info out on the forums for everyone to see.

With that said, let’s get this started shall we? If you need clarification on anything, please feel free to PM me. Just click on my username and it should become easy from there. Cheers!

See less See more
#28 ·
thanks Judoka, I checked out the site and it looks pretty good. Still a wee bit of travel but closer than Aberdeen so I appreciate it lol. How the hell you found it I don't know but thanks none the less :praise01:

Now hopefully once my college brakes for the summer I can get started and see if I have what it takes :fight02: lmao

#30 ·
Great New Place to train In NYC

Facility Name: Camp Undefeated
Website URL: www.campundefeated.com
Phone Number(s): (212)302-0402
Style(s) Taught: Muay Thai, BJJ, MMA, Combat Sports Conditioning
Instructor(s): Gilson Oliviera: Head Coach, Aaron "The Ghost" Fisher: Muay Thai, Matheus Oliviera: BJJ
Miscellaneous: Full MMA Cage for training/fight prep. MMA School with Complete Gym Facility. First Intro Class Always FREE!

#31 · (Edited)
Facility Name: Marinobles Martial Arts and Kickboxing
Website URL: www.Marinobles.com
Phone Number(s): 916-786-0333
Style(s) Taught: American, International, and Muay Thai kickboxing, Bok Fu Defense System, Japanese and Brazillian Ju Jitsui
Instructor(s): Dave "Madman" Marinoble, Khomkrit Niimi(Gracie Brown Belt), Eric Ferrera (Wrestling)
Miscellaneous: Largest training facility in Northern California

#33 ·
School in Nashville, TN

Facility Name: Royler Gracie Jiu Jitsu /​
Team RGDA (Royler Gracie David Adiv) / Shields Mixed Martial Arts (Jake Shields)

Location: 4894 Nolensville Pike,Nashville TN 37211 next to Big Lotts, Nas
Website URL: WWW.RGDA.ORG , WWW.JakeShields.com , WWW.Myspace.com/rgdatn

Phone Number(s): (615) 594-6256
Style(s) Taught: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai, MMA

Instructor(s): Greg Smith

Miscellaneous: Greg works closely with his students and does a great job explianing the moves and reasoning behind things and allow the classes to ask questions. Great experience over all. Does Gi and no Gi classes.​

#37 ·
Facility Name: Gracie Fighter Berkeley (Jake Shields' Gracie Fighter MMA & Fitness)
Location: Berkeley, CA ... 2438 Durant Avenue, few blocks from UC Berkeley campus
Website URL: http://www.graciefighter.tv
Phone Number(s): 510.508.4934
Style(s) Taught: BJJ, Muay Thai, Submission Wrestling
Instructor(s): Jake Shields and Jason Manly
Miscellaneous: AWESOME school, with world class instructors. Classes are small enough where both Jake and Jason are able to come by and make sure you're working techniques properly.

#46 ·
New York Jiu Jitsu

Facility Name: New York Jiu Jitsu

Website URL: http://www.nyjiujitsunyc.com/

Phone Number(s): (212)343-8310

Style(s) Taught: MMA, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, American Jiu Jitsu, Strength & Conditioning, Pekiti Tersia Kali

Instructor(s): Check our website for a complete list.

Classes: We Check our website for class times.

Whether your goal is to gain confidence in your ability to defend yourself, or to train with like-minded athletes to compete in the BJJ or MMA circuits, New York Jiu Jitsu has the instructors and facilities to make your dream a reality. The benefits of training with our NYJJ team include increased flexibility and strength, as well as improved fitness and stress relief, in an encouraging and supportive community of fellow students all striving to achieve their personal goals. We have beginner and advanced classes for men, women, and children. Come by the academy today to meet our great staff, try a class, and see what New York Jiu Jitsu can do for you.

#47 ·
New York Jiu Jitsu Albany

Facility Name: New York Jiu Jitsu Albany

Website URL: http://www.nyjiujitsualbany.com/

Phone Number(s): (518) 489-6955

Style(s) Taught: MMA, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Strength & Conditioning, Judo, Wrestling, Boxing

Instructor(s): Check our website for a complete list.

Classes: We Check our website for class times.

Whether your goal is to gain confidence in your ability to defend yourself, or to train with like-minded athletes to compete in the BJJ or MMA circuits, New York Jiu Jitsu has the instructors and facilities to make your dream a reality. The benefits of training with our NYJJ team include increased flexibility and strength, as well as improved fitness and stress relief, in an encouraging and supportive community of fellow students all striving to achieve their personal goals. We have beginner and advanced classes for men, women, and children. Come by the academy today to meet our great staff, try a class, and see what New York Jiu Jitsu can do for you.

#49 ·
Facility Name: Guy Mezger's Combat Sports

Addison,Texas,75001 USA

Website URL: http://www.guymezger.com/

Phone Number(s):1-(214)-954-0022

Style(s) Taught: Boxing,Kickboxing,Muay Thai, Submission Grappling

Instructor(s): Guy Mezger,Audrey Drew,Buddy Clinton,Chris Bowles,David Douglas,Piotr Chelstowski,Ryan Knecht

Miscellaneous: Guy Mezger was a UFC Champion and has 20yrs of teaching experience.

#50 · (Edited)
JG MMA, Gracie Jiu-jitsu Cincinnati

Facility Name: Jorge Gurgel MMA acadamy
Website URL: www.ohiomma.com
Phone Number(s): 513-889-5851
Style(s) Taught: muay thai (rhich thurston, arron bowman, dorian price[advanced muay thai]), bjj (jon stutzman, dan doerner, eric ramsey), submission grapplingg (jon and dan), boxing (jamie strader), mma
Miscellaneous: ufc fighters rich franklin and dustin hazelett train here.

Facility Name: Cincinnati Gracie Jiu-Jitsu
Website URL: www.cincinnatijiujitsu.com
Phone Number(s): 513-863-2310
Style(s) Taught: gracie jiu-jitsu (james kelly)
Miscellaneous: i dont train here, but ive heard good things

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.