Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Tired of Fedor

3K views 46 replies 34 participants last post by  rnv18 
#1 ·
Am I the only one tired of all this speculation on Fedor's signing, look I respect the guy and his ability but the bottom line is either he wants to keep fighting top level opponents or ride his name and rep into some big money for a company no one cares about.

As good as he is I have to believe interest will wane and his legacy will suffer if he spends the next couple of years dominating nonames.

#4 ·
Although I dont agree with you saying his legacy will suffer, I am also getting tired of all the speculation. Its kinda of like the UFC buying Pride deal. We all got so tired of hearing that it was final, and then it wasnt, and then it was, and then it wasnt.

I dont think I will be reading any more news unless it starts with "Fedor officially signed..."

#5 ·
markdahl said:
How would beating the same guys he beat in PRIDE in the UFC do anything for him? Before they started signing guys from PRIDE the UFC heavyweight division was a joke. He'll never again fight a no name, no matter where he goes, he's said that before.
Dude there's plenty of talented fighters in the UFC that he hasn't fought yet. You really think he'd come over and only face Pride guys? Come on dont be retarded. I'm a nice guy so I'll spell it out for you.

Randy Couture
Gabe Gonzaga
Andrei Arlovski
Tim Sylvia
Brandon Vera
Chuck Liddell stated he'd be down to move up
Wanderlei Silva has fought at HW before

These fights and rematches with Nog and Crocop should happen too, if Fedor wants to really go down as the God that so many of you seem to think he is.

#6 ·
Yeah even though this forum has always had Fedors name pop up in almost every thread saying Fedor nuff said and all that which was kinda anoying but ever since the whole speculation of him coming to the ufc or not the threads have came to a whole new high of annoyment. I actually think they should just make an Official thread about this subject and Make it that if people want to talk about it they have to talk about it in there. Dont get me wrong I think Fedor is a great fighter but I am tired about hearing about all this.

#8 ·
grapplegod said:
Am I the only one tired of all this speculation on Fedor's signing, look I respect the guy and his ability but the bottom line is either he wants to keep fighting top level opponents or ride his name and rep into some big money for a company no one cares about.

As good as he is I have to believe interest will wane and his legacy will suffer if he spends the next couple of years dominating nonames.
You're tired of hearing about Fedor, so you create a thread about Fedor. So now people can talk about it in this thread too. :confused02:

#9 ·
gwabblesore said:
Dude there's plenty of talented fighters in the UFC that he hasn't fought yet. You really think he'd come over and only face Pride guys? Come on dont be retarded. I'm a nice guy so I'll spell it out for you.

Randy Couture
Gabe Gonzaga
Andrei Arlovski
Tim Sylvia
Brandon Vera

These fights and rematches with Nog and Crocop should happen too, if Fedor wants to really go down as the God that so many of you seem to think he is.
I honestly think that guys like Mirko and Noguiera will be at the top of the UFC before long. Fedor is always going to be at the top of where ever he is. Ultimately its gonna be the same guys at the top of UFC as at the top of PRIDE. If Fedor works somewhere else, it would add a totally different dynamic to the equation. I still would like to see Randy fight Fedor before he retires again though.

#12 ·
markdahl said:
I honestly think that guys like Mirko and Noguiera will be at the top of the UFC before long. Fedor is always going to be at the top of where ever he is. Ultimately its gonna be the same guys at the top of UFC as at the top of PRIDE. If Fedor works somewhere else, it would add a totally different dynamic to the equation. I still would like to see Randy fight Fedor before he retires again though.
Yeah maybe guys like Mirko and Nogueira maybe at the top of the heavyweight division soon. But still there are plenty of fights for Fedor in the UFC.. I'd love to see Fedor beat Tim Sylvia in like a minute.. THat would be awesome, also a Fedor vs. Arlovski and Fedor vs. Couture fight... Also a Fedor vs. Mirko rematch, they fought once and it went to decision. I want to see one of them finish the other in a 5 round title match for the UFC title!!

#14 ·
Tired of Fedor?....nah

...Fedor Emelianenko has proven to be the best fighter on this planet. He has been eating everybody for breakfast over in Pride. Fedor almost got knocked out when he fought Fujita. He recovered instantly and cut loose with a nice kick/punch combination that dropped Fujita like a stone. Kevin Randelman slammed Fedor on his neck...which could have ended anyone's career. No problem for Fedor...finishing Randelman with a quick Kimura. I see another unification bout with Fedor wearing the UFC HW belt. Bas Rutten said it best "Fedor is the complete package".

#15 ·
this is no different than any other contract dispute in any other sport. look at baseball. it's the agents that decide where the players play, most of the time. this negotiation is between fedor's agent/manager, and the various negotiators of teh organizations. He prolly has very little say in where he ends up!

#16 ·
Ok if you read what the thread is for it is not really if you are tired of fedor but If you are tired of the Fedor threads being spewed out every few minutes on this forum. In which yes this is just another fedor thread so it is doing what it is complaining against but oh well.

#17 ·
gwabblesore said:

Randy Couture
Gabe Gonzaga
Andrei Arlovski
Tim Sylvia
Brandon Vera

I agree completely. The HW division in the UFC isn't too shabby, especially with the return of Couture.

#18 ·
markdahl said:
How would beating the same guys he beat in PRIDE in the UFC do anything for him? Before they started signing guys from PRIDE the UFC heavyweight division was a joke. He'll never again fight a no name, no matter where he goes, he's said that before.

Oh really, that's why 3 pride HW's got beat by UFC fighters?

Cro Cop, Verdum, and Heath Herring

#19 ·
markdahl said:
How do you figure? So far the PRIDE heavyweights that have gone up against the top UFC heavyweights, well, they didn't do so well.

Edit: Oops, some dude already posted it above me. Oh well, atleast someone else pointed out that idiotic statement.

#20 ·
WouldLuv2FightU said:
You're tired of hearing about Fedor, so you create a thread about Fedor. So now people can talk about it in this thread too. :confused02:
Not tired of Fedor as a fighter I love watching the guy and would be elated to see him in the UFC its just all the will he or won't he thats frustrating I mean how can a guy this good be unsigned for so long?

#21 ·
I never tire of speculation surrounding Fedor. He is the best fighter of our time and age; he has wiped the floor with the Pride HW division, which is an accomplishment that has yet to be matched. I hope he ends up in the UFC, but if Heroes signed him I wouldn't be too upset. They can bring in some good names for him to fight. He is the one to beat in the MMA world, ignoring him is futile.

In Fedor we trust.

#22 ·
grapplegod said:

Ok, all he wants is to fight in his ***** competition once a year I think?! and the UFC are bein Assholes and want him exclusively.

I think that this is the big reason why negotiations have stalled. The UFC should be bending backwards to make this deal work out as they can make a ton of money out of Fedor.

I can understand that they dont want him fighting in other MMA orgs, but its a ***** tournament for crying out loud.

#24 ·
grapplegod said:

Matt Lindland isn't a noname...

#25 ·
grapplegod said:
I don't think that will happen. He may disappear from the American market, but he'll still be the phenomenon he was in Asia. K-1 and some of the other organizations out there can offer good competition, and it's not like he hasn't beaten the top guys in the UFC.

The only guy he hasn't fought who I'd really be interested in seeing him fight is Barnett. Is Barnett in the UFC yet? No.

Frankly, the UFC has yet to prove to me that they have anyone who deserves to fight Fedor, so how would it damage his legacy. All it does is prove that the UFC has a second rate heavyweight champion.

Anyways, Fedor has been in rigorous negotiations with the UFC, though my understanding is that both are having a hard time with this ***** issue. I think eventually someone will give in and Fedor will end up coming to the cage.

Still, if you're tired of waiting for him, you clearly don't know why he's worth waiting for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.