Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

1 more reason to think Dana will announce Fedor at 75

2K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  rogi 
#1 ·
While watching the countdown to UFC 75, Dana was talking about top heavyweights and mentioned Randy, Cro Cop, and FEDOR. Now knowing how Dana is he will never even acknowledge (on TV) someone exsist until they are part of the UFC.

Just my opinion.

#3 ·
Alpha Sierra said:
Possible. It would be nice. I've never seen Fedor in action before. I've only been actively watching MMA for 2 years and only UFC, but i've heard great things about him. I'd like to see it.
question for you was the ultimate fighter that got you into it

#4 ·
Demigorgon said:
While watching the countdown to UFC 75, Dana was talking about top heavyweights and mentioned Randy, Cro Cop, and FEDOR. Now knowing how Dana is he will never even acknowledge (on TV) someone exsist until they are part of the UFC.

Just my opinion.
i caught that and was thinking the same thing

#5 ·
well, Rogan has recognized Fedor and Noguiera (before signing with UFC) for their PRIDE fights long before this. When Cro Cop debuted, they said that he was probably the Number 2 or 3 Heavyweight in the world, behind Fedor and possibly Minotauro.

The thing that makes me believe an announcement is coming, is that Fedor and Couture are supposed to be in attendance at UFC 75 (supposedly under promotional purposes only)

#7 ·
KenFl07 said:
well, Rogan has recognized Fedor and Noguiera (before signing with UFC) for their PRIDE fights long before this. When Cro Cop debuted, they said that he was probably the Number 2 or 3 Heavyweight in the world, behind Fedor and possibly Minotauro.

The thing that makes me believe an announcement is coming, is that Fedor and Couture are supposed to be in attendance at UFC 75 (supposedly under promotional purposes only)
Joe Rogan always says what's going through his head at that moment, and he's a fan like any of us, so he's pretty open to talking about guys who are not a part of the UFC.

Dana, on the other hand, is pretty calculated. If Dana is talking about Fedor openly, without being asked directly about Fedor, then I think there's a pretty good bet that this might be happening.

I have heard reliable information that the UFC offered Fedor a very good deal and a ton of money, while I haven't seen too much reliable stuff to the contrary.

Personally, I'll be watching from California on Saturday night, enjoying the fight and hoping that this happens.

WAR DAN HENDERSON!

#8 ·
I dont see the problem with guys getting into MMA after watching TUF. It was the first show that really attracted attention to MMA on a wide scale level and if people watched it, thought "This is awesome" and then became hardcore UFC fans then fair play to them. It just goes to show that TUF did its job.

Just for the record I am not a TUF noob and started watching UFC about 1 1/2 years before the first TUF season came out.

#9 ·
latest rumor is that 1.8mil a fight and can do ***** in russia. but when your source is from sherdog who really knows. but i think is pretty good chance fedor will be announced on sat. Obviously won't know till its announced but all signs are pointing to yes

#12 ·
Brydon said:
I dont see the problem with guys getting into MMA after watching TUF. It was the first show that really attracted attention to MMA on a wide scale level and if people watched it, thought "This is awesome" and then became hardcore UFC fans then fair play to them. It just goes to show that TUF did its job.

Just for the record I am not a TUF noob and started watching UFC about 1 1/2 years before the first TUF season came out.
Love how you say it's ok for someone to be a so called "TUF Noob" then you qualify your status as a non "TUF noob". Lol, that cracked me up. :thumb02:

:praise01:

#15 ·
Davisty69 said:
That would be awesome.

Am I alone in saying that I'm more excited about the possibility of seeing Fedor v. Couture than Fedor v. CC(even though Randy and CC are equally may favorite fighters)?
thats only because weve already seen what cc brings to fedor

altho if they face off again....i would still root him on

#19 ·
IF Fedor is introduced to the UFC in tomorrow nights fight it makes perfect sense for one reason. Dana White knows there are still people out there that arent too familiar with Fedor, although they have heard the stories, he also knows that some people even though they like to watch UFC events dont want to fork over the 40 dollar PPV charge. So what does he do? Brings the event to us for FREE so now the casual fan who likes to watch UFC but doesnt wanna pay for it will get introduced to Fedor without paying a dime. Will see some highlights and then think "Id defintly pay to watch him fight Randy Coutre" thats just my theory??? Sounds good though doesnt it? :)

#20 ·
hollando said:
question for you was the ultimate fighter that got you into it
Is that one of those elitist questions always asked on this forum? I'm sorry if it was genuine...but not everyone was around when MMA was created, or has access to the channels/events that have been around for years. i have been following MMA since the EARLY 90's and still enjoy the ultimate fighter. People should try to encourage broader horizons in MMA, rather than try to single out newer fans.

Once again no disrespect if it was a genuine question...just neeed to vent my displeasure with a certain attitiude some people carry around here.

#21 ·
grnlt said:
IF Fedor is introduced to the UFC in tomorrow nights fight it makes perfect sense for one reason. Dana White knows there are still people out there that arent too familiar with Fedor, although they have heard the stories, he also knows that some people even though they like to watch UFC events dont want to fork over the 40 dollar PPV charge. So what does he do? Brings the event to us for FREE so now the casual fan who likes to watch UFC but doesnt wanna pay for it will get introduced to Fedor without paying a dime. Will see some highlights and then think "Id defintly pay to watch him fight Randy Coutre" thats just my theory??? Sounds good though doesnt it? :)
I hope that the MMA planets are in line so that this can be true. Surely God loves us enough to make this happen now that Randy has called out Fedor??!!

#22 ·
Brydon said:

I watched the first 7 or 8 UFC events back in the day then my life got very hectic and I just kind of forgot about it. Luckily TUF1 came along and rekindled my love for MMA. The TUF series is one of the best things that could have happened for MMA in the states and I seriously don't see what people have against it. I look at it like pot, as a gateway drug to lure the obsessive and addiction prone freaks into the clutches of some truely great experiences.

Rag on me for digging TUF but whatever, I'm no less a fan than anyone else.

#23 ·
Aaronyman said:
the way this video was made, it would seem like cro cop did more dmg in that fight :dunno:
Here's the complete fight, not just the highlights:

Fedor vs CroCop

I'd say Mirko hurt Fedor as much as he'd been hurt. Twice the fight was stopped to mop the blood off Fedor's face. The first two rounds it took Fedor over three minutes to get the take down... don't think I've ever seen that before. In the third round, Fedor went to the high kick twice... don't think I've seen that either. Usually it's 'punch-two-three, stun the guy and take him down' for Fedor. Not once was Mirko threatened by submission on the ground... a tribute to his leg strength and conditioning. His legs kept Fedor from passing side guard twice, and did a fair bit of damage while keeping Fedor in the full guard. Both seemed pretty winded by the end, and if it went another round I think the advantage would have gone to Fedor to do more. I also think if Mirko hadn't had quite the traction problems (slipping), he would have used more kicks through the stand up. Good fight though.... two bulls locking horns.

#24 ·
Brydon said:

lol for someone who is defending TUF so much it's funny to see you immediately distancing yourself from being a "TUF noob". I agree with your statement though, as long as once you become a hardcore fan you grow with it and realize that MMA is lot more than just the US and tough guys with tattooes.

#25 ·
Brydon said:
I have probably been watching MMA longer than anyone here, and I agree with you, theres nothing wrong with people who were exposed to MMA by the SPIKE TV programs. Its bullshit for anyone to try and act like they are not real MMA fans because they are new. :thumbsdown: When our sport grows we all benefit.

#26 ·
DCDIME said:
Is that one of those elitist questions always asked on this forum? I'm sorry if it was genuine...but not everyone was around when MMA was created, or has access to the channels/events that have been around for years. i have been following MMA since the EARLY 90's and still enjoy the ultimate fighter. People should try to encourage broader horizons in MMA, rather than try to single out newer fans.

Once again no disrespect if it was a genuine question...just neeed to vent my displeasure with a certain attitiude some people carry around here.
:thumb02: :thumb02: :thumb02:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.