MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Best UFC event ever ?

View Single Post

Old 09-09-2007, 11:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
TheJame
Lightweight

TheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to beholdTheJame is a splendid one to behold
Damone, how'd I know you would choose UFC 49 before I even clicked on this thread?

Seriously, though, UFC 49 is probably the most solid, all-round event that I've seen. It features my favourite highlight reel knockout in Thomas/Edwards, a short but awesome scrap with Eilers and Kyle, and my favourite Diaz fight against Parisyan. I could've lived without seeing Lytle/Jhun, but still, it was solid. Like Damone mentioned, there's White/Liddell, which is also my favourite Chuck fight. Very fun scrap.

Couture/Belfort is a whole other story. Couture makes Belfort pay dearly, and sort of toys with him in a very punishing, brutal manner. He puts the hurt on Belfort, makes him bleed like there's no tomorrow, and becomes the champion again. Couture, as always, rules.
TheJame is offline   Reply With Quote