Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Question about Fedor

882 views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  plazzman 
#1 ·
One thing to keep in mind is that Emelianenko is allegedly very careful about who he faces. Reports indicate, for example, that he does not want to fight former UFC heavyweight champion, Tim Sylvia, because it is a bad style match up.
i got that bit from ufcmania.com can anyone shed some light on this cause from what i can see it seems like it's saying that fedor was dodging tim sylvia which doesnt make sense to me :confused02:

#2 ·
Asian Sensation said:
i got that bit from ufcmania.com can anyone shed some light on this cause from what i can see it seems like it's saying that fedor was dodging tim sylvia which doesnt make sense to me :confused02:
Sylvia has the reach for a high kick and Sylvia is agile and since Timmy's fights usually go the distance he has conditioning on his side as well.

#4 ·
I took it to mean that Fedor doesn't face anyone that's not worth his time, and why would we want to immediately see him face Time Sylvia? If he comes to the UFC, we've got to see an immediate HW unification bout just like we saw for LHW.

#9 · (Edited)
Uchaaa said:
I remember that tim was asked to fight fedor and he ducked.
Me too, Fedor never ducked Tim that ridiculous.

IcemanCometh said:
Aren't there reports of not wanting to fight Barnett too? I can see why style wise he wouldn't want to face Big Tim, he has reach and isn't horrible with his kicks. If Fedor signs this is one fight I wouldn't mind seeing, maybe tim's title shot;)
The way I remember it Barnett couldve fought Fedor last new years eve but he said he wasnt ready.

#12 ·
TheNegation said:
Insanity...........

Tim ducked Fedor, not the other way round.
that's how i always understood it. i have a REAL hard time believing that fedor would duck sylvia. i just don't see it happening. just cuz sylvia goes 5 rounds of running or lay & praying?!? for fedor, that is not worth being afraid of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.