MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Hughes Needs more than a prayer

View Single Post

Old 10-03-2006, 05:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
brvheart
Flyweight

brvheart has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onganju
I disagree that Hughes was being dominated. It was a very close and even fight between 2 extremely skilled guys. You just happened to see BJ do what other fighters have not been able to on a regular basis, and that is stuff Matt Hughes' takedown attempts or take his back.

Now onto the rib thing. If it happened or not, until we see some sort of medical report is still up in the air. But let's consider that he did suffer from that injury. Sure it would effect his performance in the ring. However, people are taking that into account like Hughes' had absolutely nothing to do with that. Ribs just don't seperate themselves on their own.

Someone doesn't seperate their ribs while they're walking down the street, or doing anything else mundane or routine like reading the newspaper, taking out the trash or squatting on the toilet. It takes some sort of torque or pressure on your core to cause that injury to happen. Has anyone honestly thought for a moment what type of strains doing a split-legged sprawl while having an aggressive and strong world-class fighter trying to put your back to the canvas for an extended period of time will create on your core? Nope... No one has.

Yeah, I'll accept that he was injured. However, I will honestly and fairly consider that the injury just didn't happen by itself.

Just for the record, BJ said it was when he want to take Matts back, when he came from under Matt, and spun around from the bottom....that to me is the torque and pressure that seperated his ribs....
brvheart is offline   Reply With Quote