Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

The Lindland factor

3K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  vandalian 
#1 ·
Amid all the talk of botched decisions, Cro Cop meltdowns, Fedor signings and Brock Lesnar sightings, there hasn't been so much talk about all the attention Matt Lindland has been getting.
Now, I know Joe Rogan usually doesn't mind talking about unsigned fighters -- and I like that -- but he must have dropped the name Matt Lindland about six or seven times when they were introducing Rampage vs. Hendo. Hell, he even mentioned that many people thought Lindland beat Rampage in their fight!
Then they gave us a really, really good, long look at Matt when he was talking to Henderson between rounds.
On top of all that, Henderson's remarks about fighting at 205 instead of 185 make me wonder if they are trying to avoid a potential bout between the two.
It seems like UFC has forgotten any ill will toward Lindland, and Lindland certainly isn't avoiding UFC events. With this apparent lack of any heat between them -- and a very hazy middleweight title picture following Silva vs. Franklin II -- it seems the timing is right for a return of the Law.
What do you guys think?

#29 ·
TheZar said:
The UFC needs Lindland since hes a top notch fighter at 185...unfortunately, i see a lot of the casual fans booing his fights since he isnt aesthetically pleasing at times with his GnP...
Depends what you base that on. If it's his UFC fights, then I agree. But not if you look at his last few. Since he beat Doerksen, not one of his fights has gone to a decision, except the split with Rampage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.