Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Wfa

2K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  Helen753 
#1 ·
What is with this organization. It is rediculous. The last news bulliton is on the 24th of july. They better do more then 3 fight's a year. Anyone got any news.

#3 ·
I already have the site bookmarked but there are no news updates. Everything has ceased. And they didn't steal anyone. They Signed fighter's just like everyone else. This is good for the sport. Dana's A@# is water tight. maybe he will start paying fighter's what they deserve.

#4 ·
Looks like there will be a fight card on december 9th. I was wondering what was up with this organization too. They had enough cash to sign Quinton Jackson and Bas Rutten, and now they have Heath Herring. Somebody must have some serious upfront cash money to spend here becuase their last card only drew like 3000 people, and I'm sure they didn't make much on PPV.

Still, I like to see another american organization. UFC is such a joke compared to Pride, hopefully this will stoke a fire under Dana's pasty white fat ass.

What would be real cool is to see fighters from other organizations fight each other, like they do in boxing, instead like pro-wrestling. MMA would be taken way more seriously then, and maybe it would be on tv more often.

#5 ·
randyspankstito said:
Looks like there will be a fight card on december 9th. I was wondering what was up with this organization too. They had enough cash to sign Quinton Jackson and Bas Rutten, and now they have Heath Herring. Somebody must have some serious upfront cash money to spend here becuase their last card only drew like 3000 people, and I'm sure they didn't make much on PPV.

Still, I like to see another american organization. UFC is such a joke compared to Pride, hopefully this will stoke a fire under Dana's pasty white fat ass.

What would be real cool is to see fighters from other organizations fight each other, like they do in boxing, instead like pro-wrestling. MMA would be taken way more seriously then, and maybe it would be on tv more often.

Do you know who is the man behind all these signings. Don King, If ya love him or hate him he is still the bst fight promoter of all time.

#6 · (Edited)
Kit Cope?
Tiki?

Yikes.

Lets hope Lyoto actually delivers this time. His fight with Vernon White was extremely disappointing. Hell, lets hope the WFA actually runs another show.

Any organization that employs Bas Rutten, Mayhem Miller, Machida, White, Lindland, & Rampage are alright with me.

#8 ·
asskicker said:
This organization sucks. Any new organization is a bad organization at this point. Because I just want one single MMA organization. They got Rampage but who are they gonna have him fight?
Do you know who Lyoto Machida is. If you do you would know he is probably better than Rampage when he is fighting at his best just check out his record and who he has beet.

#9 ·
asskicker said:
This organization sucks. Any new organization is a bad organization at this point. Because I just want one single MMA organization. They got Rampage but who are they gonna have him fight?

I sort of agree, because I want to see good fights just as much as the other guy. I just think it sucks the way the UFC tries to corner the market. For christ sake ZUFFA sued king of the cage for using and octagon! It's bullshit crapola. It would make the sport way more legitimate if there was open competition between fighting organizations, these exclusive contracts suck. The business end is more like pro wrestling than anything else, which is really too bad.

#10 ·
asskicker said:
Vernon White.
Lyoto Machida.

I don't know how multiple organizations is a bad thing. If anything, it motivates Dana White to put on better shows. I'd rather have options than watch one organization that runs 2 good fights and several awful ones.

#11 ·
steveo412 said:
Do you know who Lyoto Machida is. If you do you would know he is probably better than Rampage when he is fighting at his best just check out his record and who he has beet.
Thats beside my point. I didnt say Rampage was the best, I was just saying the pool of fighters is shallow and theyll run out of match ups fast. I want one organization so every dream match up weve ever had can happen. The more oragnizations the less this becomes a possibility. I dont see why every MMA fan doesnt want this.

#14 ·
MMA freak said:
Like asskicker said I hate these small MMA organizations too, they are stealing some popular and good fighters such as Cage Rage, WEC, WFA, WFC, etc. PRIDE FC and UFC should just buy them all out.
so, you're saying that it is bad to have diversity? if it wasn't for those "crappy" smaller orgs, you wouldn't have a lot of fighters.. since the smaller shows are often showcases for talent that would otherwise go under the radar...

i'll say no more for fear of baseless relatiation.

#15 ·
pt447 said:
so, you're saying that it is bad to have diversity? if it wasn't for those "crappy" smaller orgs, you wouldn't have a lot of fighters.. since the smaller shows are often showcases for talent that would otherwise go under the radar...

i'll say no more for fear of baseless relatiation.
Well its getting me confused such as which fighter is fighting for who. You are right it brings up some prospects but other than that it gets people really confused who are knew to following MMA and where each fighter fights.

#16 ·
If organizations had there fighters fight fighters from other orgs more often I'd be fine with it. But the way it is you get one great fight in one org another great fighter in another org and so on and they never fight eachother. You see what Im sayin?

#17 ·
asskicker said:
If organizations had there fighters fight fighters from other orgs more often I'd be fine with it. But the way it is you get one great fight in one org another great fighter in another org and so on and they never fight eachother. You see what Im sayin?
this is the same thing as the independent/local promoters of wrestling... their are literally hundreds of small, local wrestling shows.. and most of them make up the NWA... its an agreement to stay local and not move around into other territories... the difference is, that in the NWA, wrestlers can move around... they worked out an agreement. but with MMA, it doesn't seem like that's ever going to happen... especially no collaboration with Dana.

#20 ·
u guys need to give the WFA a break, it took the UFC over 10 years to gain mainstream popularity, give them time to work sh*t out and develop a better marketing/business plan. Alot of u guys forget that MMA is not a sport it's a business!!

As far as having one MMA org thats just stupid, competition is great and much needed in this industry, If there was only one company doing MMA then it would be exactly like pro wrestling and the WWE.

As far as the WFA gobbling up free agents so what...these guys have kids to feed and bills to pay just like everyone, Dana's not spending any of his huge profits on aquiring established talent, he'd rather develop young talent and pay them crap.

#21 ·
If there was one org all the good fighters would be fighting eachother. How is this not what everyone wants? Its like you'd almost rather ***** back and forth on the internet on whether the Pride or the UFC guy would win, instead of the fight actually taking place.

#23 ·
monopoly

If there was only one big organization it would be bad for the fighters and ultimately bad for ther fans. Picture every fighter out there having to put up with Dana White's cheapskate antics. And it would be either fight for Dana and ultimately never get payed what you deserve or quit the sport that you love and find something else to do to put bread on the table. For every Chuck Lidell that gets paid well there are thousands of guys that would get next to nothing. And without a rival organization there would be no other place to go and get paid more. These guys need to make a living. Also, with only one organization existing it would be a monopoly and the consumer always loses in that situation. If you're an mma fan and don't like a particular show and decide not to buy it, you won't be getting your mma fix that month. There won't be any other show out there to choose from. It's either shell out the cash for a show you're not happy with or watch nothing. And having competition makes each promotion have to work harder to put out better shows. Just look at some of the crap WWE has put out since their only real competitors, ECW and WCW went out of business.

#25 ·
monopoly

If you actually favor a monopoly then you're not really thinking about the long term survival of the sport. You're looking for a quick-fix to end the speculation. And if you really wanna watch the world's best, then watch Pride for the heavyweights (you can't seriously tell me you think a ufc heavyweight can beat Fedor), middleweights (the ufc only has Rich Franklin), and lightweights. Ufc you can watch for the welterweights since Pride doesn't have any. As for the lightheavyweights, I can't do much to help you there. Seriously, do some research about monopolies in the business world, I guarantee, as a consumer, you won't like what you find.

#26 ·
I realize what the **** a monoply is. This is a sport and it should be treated like any other proffesional sport where all the best athletes are in one league. If it were like boxing it would be the best. I really hate the direction MMA is heading in. The business part is more like WWF than boxing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.