MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Hughes Needs more than a prayer

View Single Post

Old 10-04-2006, 07:02 PM   #45 (permalink)
ericr
MMA Fanatic

ericr is on a distinguished roadericr is on a distinguished roadericr is on a distinguished roadericr is on a distinguished road
Carlos Newton Arm

Anyone notice how Carlos Newton used his arm at first to keep from getting slammed? Not that I wouldn't do it either, who wants to get slammed like that.... But he held on for a few seconds, just think if he wouldn't have done that, how bad he would of been slammed. I think hughes was out too, but who cares, they rematched and Newton got trashed.

I find it amazing that people go on about how religion is always pushed on them, yet here are all these people complaining when someone says something about religion, that doesn't even effect them. Someone mentioned how God would be with both people, and why would he decide someone should lose and someone should win.... well why not? Bj definately had more skill, but perhaps god felt Hughes deserved it for the work he put into training??? I don't buy the whole god let me free, but I'm tired of seeing people ***** about religious comments that don't even effect them.

As sloppy as that match seemed for hughes, which mainly speaks of how good skill wise BJ is, he still won. I don't see people going " if frank mir didn't break silva's arm, silva would of won ".....its an obsolete argument, since the injury was caused due to him fighting hughes.
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote