MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - IronMan's Log

Thread: IronMan's Log
View Single Post

Old 10-04-2006, 10:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
The Follow Up Factor

I was working on my standup today and I realized something. At 5'6" and 145 lbs I really don't have the power to KO an opponent with 1 punch. I'm a strong, thick guy, but I don't have the power to knock out anyone much bigger than me with a single punch.

The key to KOing anyone, at least for me, is the follow up. I can drop someone, or at least make them stumble, and then impose my will on them by throwing combinations and big right hands.

This is what I'm starting to work into my training routine. Instead of alot of power punching and quick 1-2-3 combinations, I'm starting to train bigger and bigger combinations, I'm up to about 6-7 punches right now. (that's all in one breath)

My grappling is really my forte, but focus on the hands is important too, so I thought I'd throw this little bit out there.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote